Login Search

EP36's Fuzzy Tennis Balls

Last Post

1.24.14: Australian Open Day 13
Juniors: Kozlov -130
This kid may actually bring some relevance back to US tennis. As a 15-year old, he's in the Final here after making waves last Summer in the Newport tournament where he took Michal Przysiezny to three sets before losing his nerve in the 3rd. Zverev comes in as the #1 ranked Juniors player, but someone that Kozlov has beaten into submission once and tactically whipped a second time in their young careers. Zverev is just 16. Kozlov turns 16 next week. The last time they met in the Orange Bowl competition in December, Kozlov employed the tactic of wearing the bigger Zverev out with a steady diet of drop shots that forced him to come to the net. He wont that 7-6, 6-0. Their other meeting was at the Wimbledon Juniors last year where Kozlov stormed back from a 1-6 loss in the 1st set to force Zverev to quit in the 3rd as he trailed 4-0. Kozlov has shown the ability to get in this kid's head and beat him with better fitness. He's come from behind and worn him down with different tactics. Willing to take a shot that he knows what it takes to beat this kid even though it's his first Juniors Slam Final. Zverev is in his 2nd, losing last year's French Juniors Final.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggy1616 View Post
The only A/O I was last year was the Boys final. It was Konnakis and Kygrious. I saw it was 2 australians and thought they must have gotten lucky to make the final. They looked pretty good!!!
Kyrgios won me a ton of cash last year when they had Juniors lines posted and the few Challengers he played. I like his game quite a bit. I think he has a chance to do some good things. I think they said this was the first time in five years that an Aussie had not won Juniors.