Login Search

EP36's Fuzzy Tennis Balls

Last Post

It's always the same stupid question... look, here's the thing: It doesn't matter if you think someone will win, or if you "like" a particular spot – what mattersis the odds: What you should be asking me is whether I like a particular spot at a particular set of odds.

I absolutely hate Sugita and to a lesser extent Copil at current market odds, and I have no idea what odds you're considering.
Last edited by Hardcoar; 01-09-14 at 08:14 AM.

Thought of you EP when we were at Kooyong on Wednesday. Verdasco match a total joke, Nish was ok, and the Aussie kid Thompson vs Gascan reminded me of last year when you were telling me to yell at him... which we did again! But it was a total live betting windfall... the underdog gets ahead, looks to win the match so jump on the vet at the best price you'll get on him all match and sure enough he won because the kid chokes. We left before Stan the Man's match ended as we were friggen burnt but got to hit with Sharapova tonight at a Porsche thing. As soon as she started to talk about her candy I was like thank f my kid loves you because I'm ready to off myself. Best of luck for the tourney!! I'm thinking Rafa and Serena take it out xo

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
1.8.14/Play #26: [ATP AUSTRALIAN OPEN QUALIS]: Kosakowski +180
The young American scored a solid grinder of a win against Ito to open qualis. Kosakowski was a bit of an up & comer back in 2011-2012 as he flipped between Futures & Challengers. A shoulder injury in April 2013 derailed him for six months and he's now flashing a bit of that potential now that he is healthier. Gombos I don't know a ton about. He looked solid in his opener and played decently in qualis in Chennai. This shapes up to be a battle & I am going with Kosakowski for a little more rejuvenation.

Nice call!

1.9.14/Play #29: [ATP AUSTRALIAN OPEN QUALIS] Krajicek +180
Batlle of young players. Rhyne Williams the opposition. Both had to work hard to get through the 1st round. Krajicek in a 9-7 third set over a fairly solid player in Jaziri, holding off Jaziri who had a 5-4 lead and was serving for the match. Williams in three against Diez as he blew an early break lead in the third, but rallied back to win. Williams owns the head-2-head, 3-0 but all have come on indoor courts where Williams has proven to be a tougher player. Williams is the better known of course because of his near win against Florian Mayer at last year's AO and US Open battle against Davydenko. Williams is the better overall talent, but he seems to still be scuffling some to get back to the form he flashed at times in 2013. Krajicek played some decent tennis in Noumea also prior to this, so he should had some confidence and the motivation to get his first W against Williams. His serve was very good against Jaziri for the most part - that is something he must have here.

1.9.14/Play #31: [ATP KOOYONG] Simon -150
Decided this was worth the shot. Gasquet has owned Simon, so the price reflects the concerns about Gasquet's back at this juncture. There is some potential that he could skip this match after struggling against the Aussie Thompson in his first match at this Exhibition. Simon showed decent improvement in coming back to beat Wawrinka who may have been fatigued, but still made him battle. Simon I think needs the match play more as well to sharpen himself as he struggled in Brisbane with some leg problems in his loss to Copil. He seemed to have worked through those, so gonna be an idiot here.

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
Thought of you EP when we were at Kooyong on Wednesday. Verdasco match a total joke, Nish was ok, and the Aussie kid Thompson vs Gascan reminded me of last year when you were telling me to yell at him... which we did again! But it was a total live betting windfall... the underdog gets ahead, looks to win the match so jump on the vet at the best price you'll get on him all match and sure enough he won because the kid chokes. We left before Stan the Man's match ended as we were friggen burnt but got to hit with Sharapova tonight at a Porsche thing. As soon as she started to talk about her candy I was like thank f my kid loves you because I'm ready to off myself. Best of luck for the tourney!! I'm thinking Rafa and Serena take it out xo
If you are there again, heckle that fukking Frog Mother F-er ... Gasquet that is. I took Simon and already hate my life.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
If you are there again, heckle that fukking Frog Mother F-er ... Gasquet that is. I took Simon and already hate my life.
haha not there today as it's a friggen bake sale in Melbourne. 95 degrees so in the stadium it'll probably feel like 115 if not hotter. I'll cheer for Simon for your bet but if Gasquet shows anything like he did on Wednesday when he turned it up against that kid, Simon's going to be in a world of hurt. And to be honest, Simon looked seriously uninterested (and much scrawnier than I'd remembered) when he was playing Stanley but then again I only watched the first two sets. Gasquet actually impressed me quite a bit because he was painting the lines and firing the ball when he finally realised he had a bit of a fight on his hands so I'm looking forward to this one. Can't believe you put money on either of them in the battle of the Frenchies though, you silly bugger.