Login Search

EP36's Fuzzy Tennis Balls

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
Any thoughts on Sock-Agut? Leaning Agut, but a few other guys here seem to be on Sock. I didn't get a chance to see Sock-Haas match, but based on Hard court results last year, Bautista seems to be the play to me.
If you don't me voicing my opinion (and even if you do, let's be honest), Haas was his Hitler-self in that match. Sock wasn't bad though.

1.8.14/Play #26: [ATP AUSTRALIAN OPEN QUALIS]: Kosakowski +180
The young American scored a solid grinder of a win against Ito to open qualis. Kosakowski was a bit of an up & comer back in 2011-2012 as he flipped between Futures & Challengers. A shoulder injury in April 2013 derailed him for six months and he's now flashing a bit of that potential now that he is healthier. Gombos I don't know a ton about. He looked solid in his opener and played decently in qualis in Chennai. This shapes up to be a battle & I am going with Kosakowski for a little more rejuvenation.

1.8.14/Play #27: [ATP KOOYONG] Wawrinka-Thompson Over 20 [-135]
Wawrinka lost to Simon yesterday, while Thompson pushed Gasquet to the brink in a third set TB. Wawrinka's motivation might be a little questionable here as he won Chennai and will be looking to get through these exhibition matches in good health. Thompson meanwhile is out to prove himself. The Aussie won the Wildcard Playoff to earn a main draw birth into the Australian Open and he's looking to prove he can hang with the big boys. Looking for effort from the young buck & hopefully some competitive desire from Wawa.

1.9.14/Play #28: [WTA SYDNEY] Keys +258
Kerber is tough, but it's now just one step away from a title match for either one. Kvitova looks like she is going down, so that leaves a perceived easier match against Pironkova for the title. Keys' massive serve already may rank 2nd only to Serena. Consistency is the key. Big match for her going into Melbourne. Kerber has a bit of a track record at tapping out of these tourneys late - maybe that happens, maybe it doesn't/ Worth a roll for me and if she serves well - the sky is the limit.