Login Search

EP36's Fuzzy Tennis Balls

Last Post

It's typical that people will jump all over Mayer's win yesterday against Murray. I just want people to be aware that Florian is a showpony player and a player for the big occasion and a player that plays that standard/level of tennis he did against murray when he has nothing to lose and is inspired at playing a grandslam champion.

A few years ago he did what he did to Murray, against Nadal and brought out his box of tricks, he advanced through and faced Feliciano Lopez the following round and lost easily.

@1.38, you are running the risk of this happening again. Everytime a player beats a player with a grandslam title, they're fade material the next round, unless they, themselves are a top 20 established player.

1.2.14/Play #10: [ATP BRISBANE] Cilic -130
The Croat has looked refreshed from last year's suspension and his new team around him has worked hard to improve his serve and mental toughness. Goran Ivanesivic is the main man in his camp now and his work on Cilic's serve has been noticeable already. Goran said the idea of this tournament was to get Cilic prepped and then adequately rested for the Aussie Open, but that he "wouldn't be mad if he won it" this week. His serve has been dominating so far and he'll need more of that against Nishikori who will test him.

Good luck bro. Just tuning in myself. My own personal opinion is this is the biggest coin toss ever and whilst it's quite black and white who the surface favours more, I don't particularly believe Nishikori is that much better on slow hard than faster hard. Some matches are just too tough to call and are better left alone in my view and this is one of them. Nishikori is also defensively a better mover than Dimitrov, so we'll have to see. Gun to head, I'd say Nishikori, but respect the way Cilic's been serving.

Best of luck and keep your useful, researching and inside knowledge, which I have no idea how you get, coming. lol

Overall Profit Margin: +4.70

FYI ... I don't keep a won-loss record, just the profits or lack thereof for the picks. All my picks are risking one unit or to win one unit, so I don't skew the profit margin with larger plays. Any futures plays are never added into this either because that's a separate project for me. Continued luck to ya.