Login Search

EP36's Fuzzy Tennis Balls

Last Post

12.30.13/Play #3: [WTA AUCKLAND] Konjuh +415
Spot play in the Vaginal League. Konjuh just turned 16 a couple days ago, but this Croat has the game to catch Vinci if she is flat. By all accounts, this is a teen to watch. She won the Juniors singles titles at the US Open and Australian Open in 2013. She made the semis at the Juniors Wimbledon & French Open, so she has an all-court game. On top of that, she has some big match experience against WTA tour level players from the Fed Cup. She beat Urzula Radwanska in a three setter on a hard surface. Vinci is off & on to start seasons over the past few years. She's definitely a tricky vet & deserving favorite. However, with the star quality Konjuh looks to possess and the motivation she should have to make a mark to start the season - taking her at big odds is a smart shot for me. This is slated to start about 12:30am ET.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
Spot play in the Vaginal League. Konjuh just turned 16 a couple days ago, but this Croat has the game to catch Vinci if she is flat. By all accounts, this is a teen to watch. She won the Juniors singles titles at the US Open and Australian Open in 2013. She made the semis at the Juniors Wimbledon & French Open, so she has an all-court game. On top of that, she has some big match experience against WTA tour level players from the Fed Cup. She beat Urzula Radwanska in a three setter on a hard surface. Vinci is off & on to start seasons over the past few years. She's definitely a tricky vet & deserving favorite. However, with the star quality Konjuh looks to possess and the motivation she should have to make a mark to start the season - taking her at big odds is a smart shot for me. This is slated to start about 12:30am ET.

12.31.13/Play #4: [ATP DOHA] Davydenko -120
One of the Russian's favorite tournaments. He's 25-9 here and only lost once in the 1st round. Brands played well here last year, but did have the benefit of working through qualis. This is a crapman's delight - as either guy can tank with the best of them. The Donkey had problems staying healthy at the end of the season - pretty much his M.O., but he has been a fast starter traditionally. Although this falls into crap shoot territory, going to pin the tail on the Donkey with a slight edge in one of his favorite tourneys.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post

Class.

Only I wasn't around the capitalise. Had ya posted it earlier. Waaaa. lol

Kidding. Slick call.

Wow EP sure wish I would've seen you had Konjuh! Had Vinci as a last leg filler for a couple parlays - sure screwed me big time! They weren't huge parlays or anything, so nothing crazy was lost. The sad part though is that I would've put Konjuh in one and the spread in the other, which would've made the payout pretty massive! I suppose I need to study up on WTA more - for some reason I thought Vinci was usually pretty consistent like the top girls, but I see she's just another Kerber or Stosur or Lisicki, losing to lesser talent they should easily beat. I suppose it's only safe to stick with Serena, Sharapova, Li, and A-Rad.

Edit: On second thought, perhaps it's better to just stay away from WTA for easy parlay fodder!

Yeah generally outside of Slams & Serena, WTA large chalk is fairly insane to include because of the lack of consistency. Only way I like to use WTA chalk is maybe following a hot hand in a tournament, but even then it is tough.

It is tough to find big dogs with reasonable chances to win, but some of these early tourneys give you a better shot IMO because some players prep much better or have much higher motivation.

12.31.13/Play #5: [ATP BRISBANE] Dimitrov -160
It's the battle of guys with new coaches. Dimitrov took on Rasheed. Cilic took on Ivanisevic. Cilic may indeed be the better guy by the end of the season, but I think the prep for Dimitrov with Rasheed has him in a tad better shape right now. He worked hard for the last six weeks on conditioning with Rasheed. He's made that a big part of his 2014, being able to compete in five setters in Slams .. better. Both were solid in their openers with both serves holding the entire match. Dimitrov has gelled with this tournament in the last year ... run with him until it's not a good option.