Login Search

THREADS! MOOOOOOAR THREEEEEEADS! My Fourth Pickin'-Thread <3

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
Exactly. I'll try to keep in mind entering "1:st set" from now on.
i'd suggest "set1" as a crystal clear yet still efficient rendering of what you now designate as "1:st"

it could even be shortened to just s1 (a i do on my spreadsheets)...but idiots will always be idiots and ask without even thinking,

set1, in contrast is completely unambiguous...yet requires exactly the same number of keystrokes as your current notation, which never fails to trigger questions from newcomers...i'd hate to see you wasting more keystrokes than necessary each and every time you put on a set1 bet

"Occam's Razor" Rules
Last edited by fitguy67; 04-11-14 at 01:21 PM.

Thanks for the tip on Garbagelles, HC.

PS I see that you are getting a bit frustrated by the increase in random posts in your thread. That is the price you have to pay for being the best tennis capper right now. Keep it up, HC.

PPS I do not get all the discussion of 1st vs set1. If you do not get that in the first place, you probably should not be tailing anybody.
Last edited by frugalgambler; 04-11-14 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
Thanks for the tip on Garbagelles, HC.

PS I see that you are getting a bit frustrated by the increase in random posts in your thread. That is the price you have to pay for being the best tennis capper right now. Keep it up, HC.

PPS I do not get all the discussion of 1st vs set1. If you do not get that in the first place, you probably should not be tailing anybody.
That's a good point actually... damn good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImeQVhu5FCM&t=4m15s

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
i'd suggest "set1" as a crystal clear yet still efficient rendering of what you now designate as "1:st"

it could even be shortened to just s1 (a i do on my spreadsheets)...but idiots will always be idiots and ask without even thinking,

set1, in contrast is completely unambiguous...yet requires exactly the same number of keystrokes as your current notation, which never fails to trigger questions from newcomers...i'd hate to see you wasting more keystrokes than necessary each and every time you put on a set1 bet

"Occam's Razor" Rules
It's not about the keystrokes my main man... it's all about the style!
Give Points

Points Awarded:

frugalgambler gave Hardcoar 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Carballes Baena @ 1.865 – 20 units (Pinnacle)
KEXX
Giraldo @ 1.55 – 5 units (Pinnacle)
KEXX
Garcia 1:st @ 2.29 – 5 units (Pinnacle)
KEXX
Rybarikova 1:st @ 2.18 – 10 units (Pinnacle)
FUXX
Garcia-Lopez/Paire O 22 @ 1.8 – 5 units (Pinnacle)
KEXX
Garcia @ 2.6 – 5 units (Pinnacle)
KEXX
Young/Verdasco O 22 @ 2.15 – 10 units (Pinnacle)
FUXX

Total hits: 195
Total mishits: 254
Total stake: 2049u
Net yield: +193.267u
ROI: +9.43% (rounded)

Exactly. I'll try to keep in mind entering "1:st set" from now on.
i do not/did not propose changing your current "1:st" notation...it's always been fine with me
(Occam's Razor= if it ain't broke...no need to fix it)

YOU suggested you'd make an effort to change it to "1:st set" to somehow "fix it" for those who continue to be confused...i simply presented "set1" as an easier alternative to that, if you felt you must do something...
(Occam's Razor = if you decide to change something for some reason, opt for the simplest change that works...subject to the dictates of your own "style", of course)
_______
carry on as you see fit...and keep peeling off those plays from your amazing deck of better-than+5%ROI cards
Last edited by fitguy67; 04-12-14 at 01:03 AM.