Login Search

Live Score and Match Commentary/Chat

Last Post

Can someone tell me why the price on Ze Zhang is going down and Kavcic going up?

Zheng just cost China against New Zealand in Davis Cup by being too tired to play his reverse leg and China ended up having to play a much worse player. He played 10 sets in 2 days is why he was tired and now he has to get on a 10+ hr flight to get back to China and is scheduled to play almost straight after getting off the plane. Not to mention Kavcic is 2-0 H2H, ranked higher, and overall better player.

Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
Can someone tell me why the price on Ze Zhang is going down and Kavcic going up?

Zheng just cost China against New Zealand in Davis Cup by being too tired to play his reverse leg and China ended up having to play a much worse player. He played 10 sets in 2 days is why he was tired and now he has to get on a 10+ hr flight to get back to China and is scheduled to play almost straight after getting off the plane. Not to mention Kavcic is 2-0 H2H, ranked higher, and overall better player.

Am I missing something?
Just as I read that I checked Pinnacle.

Zhang was 1.92, and then just refreshed to 1.769.

I don't bet Challengers these days (mostly because I don't know the players as intimately - even though I do know most reasonably well) so can't really comment on who should be favoured and why... but I did find it odd that the odds dropped so much just now.

Quote Originally Posted by JC1186 View Post
Just as I read that I checked Pinnacle.

Zhang was 1.92, and then just refreshed to 1.769.

I don't bet Challengers these days (mostly because I don't know the players as intimately - even though I do know most reasonably well) so can't really comment on who should be favoured and why... but I did find it odd that the odds dropped so much just now.
Very strange that the odds are almost flipped with bet365 having Kavcic @1.5 earlier. Di W u has to make the same trip and played less sets and his odds are going upwards rightfully so.

I can not see a legit reason why the opposite is happening for Zhang. I recall someone saying on here Kavcic is a fixer but dont know if being serious or just mad at a bad loss and I dont want to start throwing conspiracy theories around.