Login Search

Live Score and Match Commentary/Chat

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by lucullus View Post
maria is a legend since 17 years of age. brains beauty n talent. so hearing some one call her a cockroach is maddening
haha there are a lot of words I'd use to describe Maria Sharapova but a legend is most definitely not one of them. After all these years she still hasn't even sorted out her ball toss and serve for heaven sake. Graf, Navratilova, Serena, Evert, etc are all legends. You know who has won the same amount of Slam titles as Maria? The "legendary" Hana Mandlikova There's a reason Maria is disliked by her peers and has a bad reputation and it's definitely not because she's a legend. Other than in her own mind of course.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post

aren't too many ladies out there that can say they've won all 4 big ones
And they were the specific women I mentioned in my earlier comment with the exception of Margaret Court as I assumed he wouldn't know who I was talking about. If Maria can win another 13+ Slams to catch up with each of those women then I'll buy into the legend title. As that's obviously not going to happen though, then no way.

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
And they were the specific women I mentioned in my earlier comment with the exception of Margaret Court as I assumed he wouldn't know who I was talking about. If Maria can win another 13+ Slams to catch up with each of those women then I'll buy into the legend title. As that's obviously not going to happen though, then no way.
Maria Sharapova and ARAD are the banner players for the disgrace that is the WTA. If they fused though that would be something else.

Quote Originally Posted by stepanekslips View Post
Maria Sharapova and ARAD are the banner players for the disgrace that is the WTA. If they fused though that would be something else.

I actually think the worst time for the WTA was when Wozniacki was #1 for over a year. We'd have people joining the forum before each Slam going on about how she was the best, how she was going to win, blah blah blah and some of us would try to explain that she's only ever been in one final and that was 2+ years ago. Then they'd bet these supposed huge amounts on her matches at massive chalk odds and then when she'd inevitably lose, they were ready to jump off the ledge. It just exposed how messed up the points system is when a player who had never won a Slam could stay as #1 for that long. Oh and showed how many gamblers don't even understand how the rankings work which is a bit scary.

Quote Originally Posted by booble View Post
i hate wozzy & lost a lot but she looks better & stronger than last 2 years..shes got wider shoulders n mascular legs now... for the next match; muguroza has a long winning period n wozzy is the one hated by my side.....
looks like wozzy is the play* !!!!
I agree that she definitely looks much better now. I'd probably be more tempted to put money on her now that she's with Hogstedt than I ever would've in a Slam when she was #1 although I haven't seen Mugurza play this week so I'm not touching it. I think Woz got a much-needed wake up call after she lost the #1 ranking and was losing a lot of matches. She tried changing her racket and when that didn't help much, she FINALLY hired a coach other than her dad and I think that's why she's starting to look better. Best of luck if you put money on her!