Login Search

Live Score and Match Commentary/Chat

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
Someone in another thread about this match did say Ferrer's fitness was not as good any more.
Actually you mean me and you are wrong. I said he cramped in miami as a response to your claim that ferrer never runs out of steam. Did not want to say that his fitness is bad, was just pointing out that everyone runs out of power sometimes

Actually it was nothing to do with you Sam. WagerJunkie said Ferrer was not as fit as usual in his Under thread and frugalgambler also chimed in on Ferrer being "in decline" and having "hit a celing" .... I meant more about those as examples of people who underestimate this dude.

No matter the result, to me the guy is still one of the to four fittest guys on tour and top four fighters - only eclipsed by Djokovic, Rafa & Murray ... and there are times where he's definitely a better fighter than Murray.

Actually it was nothing to do with you Sam. WagerJunkie said Ferrer was not as fit as usual in his Under thread and frugalgambler also chimed in on Ferrer being "in decline" and having "hit a celing" .... I meant more about those as examples of people who underestimate this dude.

No matter the result, to me the guy is still one of the to four fittest guys on tour and top four fighters - only eclipsed by Djokovic, Rafa & Murray ... and there are times where he's definitely a better fighter than Murray.
Aight, my bad

He's just severely under-appreciated because of the Era he plays in. If he was born about ten years earlier, he would have played in an age where I think he would have won a few Slams. But like Hewitt and Roddick and many other pretty good players, his career coincided with perhaps the greatest dominant run of three players ever with Djokovic, Rafa, Federer and you can now throw in Murray too I suppose.

Still, the streak he has been on the last two years hardly gets noticed at Slams because of the bigger names.

Not unexpected after all the energy spent late in that set, both are probably going to go easy early - unless opportunity presents itself to break. I'd look for a couple holds each perhaps before it gets dicey for someone (hopefully Gasquet)
You're deluding yourself. Gascan's EZ-hold had absolutely nothing to do with conserving energy. He faced four unreturnable serves.