Login Search

Live Score and Match Commentary/Chat

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
No I mean I'm looking for the (or a) word in the English language that's the best (or one of the best) antonym(s) to the word trivialize used in the sense of yours.
I'm not sure?! If trivialise means to understate something, 'overstate' doesn't correctly acknowledge the importance of something either. So 'glorify' or a similar word isn't right. I'd just use something like 'justly recognise'. A more poetic imagination than mine would be required to coin a single, appropriate word.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistula View Post
I'm not sure?! If trivialise means to understate something, 'overstate' doesn't correctly acknowledge the importance of something either. So 'glorify' or a similar word isn't right. I'd just use something like 'justly recognise'. A more poetic imagination than mine would be required to coin a single, appropriate word.
was thinking exalt or romanticize

Quote Originally Posted by Fistula View Post
Just recognize seems good to me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by alexus110 View Post
What do you mean with the electric lights?
Sorry it's a reference to "Caravan" by Van "The Man" Morrison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZgTTaxd6c

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
That's rather like putting something in a positive light, as opposed to putting something in a serious light though, isn't it?
i was leaning to the comparison in which he used trivialize....using "rape" as the go to, perfect choice to describe what was happening on the court...but eh, whatever, not a big fan of term either...plight of a father.