Login Search

Live Score and Match Commentary/Chat

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
No. It's an anomaly. Go into EP's thread and ask him how many times steam has worked out. I'm not saying this to preach to you... it makes no difference to me how you bet either way. I'm saying it because it takes one comment at TennisInsight or the betfair forums for people to go hard on a player. Most of the time they're talking out of their ass. Don't let those anomalies convince you that betting steam is a good in tennis
Good to know, thanks. I've noticed just briefly from about a year or so that the steam within a few hours of the match does tip a bit. That is completely unscientific, but I have taken a little note from it. I'm not one to follow the movement in US sports but it seems Tennis tips when the action is right before first serve.

Quote Originally Posted by ThingsFallApart View Post
Good to know, thanks. I've noticed just briefly from about a year or so that the steam within a few hours of the match does tip a bit. That is completely unscientific, but I have taken a little note from it. I'm not one to follow the movement in US sports but it seems Tennis tips when the action is right before first serve.
It's very difficult with tennis because there are only a few major sites for disseminating info, good or bad. I showed someone on SBR last year who was doubting me that in the US Open I *think* it was (one of the Slams anyway) that something like 73% of people who closed lower than the Pinny openers, lost. If you search it on here you'll find it...after I closed my big thread so it'll be in a random one after that. The other big problem with tennis betting other than Slams is that a decent sized bet at one book will send odds plummeting elsewhere because of limits and odds. I gave my tip about live betting in here but honestly if someone listens to only one thing I say, please ignore line movement in tennis. I've documented it on here when I've got sucked in many times but I finally got so pissed off I compiled stats.

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
It's very difficult with tennis because there are only a few major sites for disseminating info, good or bad. I showed someone on SBR last year who was doubting me that in the US Open I *think* it was (one of the Slams anyway) that something like 73% of people who closed lower than the Pinny openers, lost. If you search it on here you'll find it...after I closed my big thread so it'll be in a random one after that. The other big problem with tennis betting other than Slams is that a decent sized bet at one book will send odds plummeting elsewhere because of limits and odds. I gave my tip about live betting in here but honestly if someone listens to only one thing I say, please ignore line movement in tennis. I've documented it on here when I've got sucked in many times but I finally got so pissed off I compiled stats.
Great! Thanks for the info.

Lottery ticket for the day

Parlay # 1370148 Contains the following 8 Propositions
(14.78 to 1 Odds)
# 1 Denis Kudla 0 (-115)
Denis Kudla vs Vasek Pospisil
ATP Newport - Round 1
1 Set Must Be Completed
TEN at 07/09/2013 11:00:00 AM
# 2 Lleyton Hewitt 0 (-320)
Matthew Ebden vs Lleyton Hewitt
ATP Newport - Round 1