Login Search

Live Score and Match Commentary/Chat

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Fring View Post
Gotta give Verdasco props. He played a heck of a match.
If I hadn't put all those live bets on Murray I would've been seriously cheering for Verdasco. He was brilliant this match and up until Murray broke him in the 5th I must've called 365 and hung up 30+ times because I was going to hedge as he looked so much more aggressive than Andy. But as the guy I'm listening to said he hasn't played back to back matches yet this year (kept losing) and suddenly he's played 5 in a row this tourney so that was the only thing making me hold off. Hoping he'd finally get tired. So happy to see him find form again though. Brilliant player when his head is sorted.

congrats, Shari, on the savvy to lock onto Murray at a nice price in the 4th set...and thanks for sharing that little gem of wisdom about books loving to coax out lots of live-bet money at much-worse-than-pre-game odds when the dog starts off strong as V did today...it's now firmly at the bak of my mind whenever i'm tempted into tennis live-betting mode...
Last edited by fitguy67; 07-03-13 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
congrats, Shari, on the savvy to lock onto Murray at a nice price in the 4th set...and thanks for sharing that little gem of wisdom about books loving to coax out lots of live-bet money at much-worse-than-pre-game odds when the dog starts off strong as V did today...it's now firmly at the bak of my mind whenever i'm in tennis live-betting mode
Thanks fitguy! I'm just happy I remembered this time as sometimes I've let my greed take over. Instead I let it take over by hammering Murray repeatedly from -110 to -188 and betting way more than I planned to but at least I did the smart gambling thing this time. It makes sense why books love those bets and they hang enticing odds on a big dog even when they look like a sure winner. They trap us into thinking we've found free money with + odds yet not only do big dogs mainly lose after starting strong but we've now given the book an even better opportunity to cover what they have to payout when they occasionally win. We should either bet the favourite at much better odds, bet the dog at close to the same or better odds or don't bet at all. We're just screwing ourselves otherwise. And if we do bet the favourite, when they start coming back in the match which they mainly do even if they still go on to lose it, we've now given ourselves a chance to green out if we want because as soon as they do start to come back the dog's odds will skyrocket again. I just need to remember to stay disciplined and not get sucked in like I have before.