Hi

I placed a bet on bwin 10 days ago

Type of bet Multi bet
Place bet via Web Live
Date 6/7/2008 6:58 PM
Odds 3.42
Stake per bet 500.00 EUR

6/7/2008 6:00 PM
Switzerland - Czech Republic (Play by Play) Which team will take the first goal kick in 2nd Half? Czech Republic Czech Rep. 1.85
Switzerland - Czech Republic (Play by Play) Which team will take the 8th goal kick? Czech Republic Czech Rep. 1.85

Combo was won, they paid out, everything is ok.
9 day later i see 800 euros mising from my account. I check the mail. Nothing. I know i didn´t place any bets that would bring me that kind of lose. I poke around my bets and I go to account movements.

6/16/2008 7:20 PM Manual Deposit Won Bets / Manual Deposit Won Bets + 925.00
6/16/2008 7:19 PM Won bets correction / Won bets correction - 1711.25

They have cancelled the bet, and count it like I placed a single bet. No information, no e-mail alert. They just took the money. Of course I mailed them, and then they´ve sent this reply.

Please note there was a manual correction done on your bet as initially the incorrect winnings were paid out.

You were paid �1711,25 due to an incorrect odds calculation with the payout in our bookmaking department instead of �925 which you should have been paid and is now on your account.

We apologise for any inconvenioence caused.

Please see below the relevant section from our terms and conditions.

A3.8 Errors:
The company assumes no responsibility for typing, transmission and/or evaluation errors. In particular, the company reserves its right to correct obvious errors - even after the event - with the input of betting odds and/or the evaluation of betting results (e.g. odds-related, team-related, event-related errors) a nd declare affected bets void. The company also assumes no liability for correctness, completeness or up-to-dateness of the information services provided, for example live scores and result messages sent via e-mail or SMS. The stake is exclusively the amount confirmed and recorded by the company. In case the erroneous event/market is cancelled all bets are void and will be evaluated as won with odds of 1,00.

Obvious error is very elastic term. The can say 50% of everything is obvious error, but they just got outsmarted, or whatever.

My question is do I have a case here for the return of my winnings? And how is it possible to make such a big thing like moving so much money, and not informing the person who owns the account?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dotl View Post
yes, seven
haha.. so you parlay two different bets (the 8th goalkick, and the first goalick after HT) which are actually in fact both the same bets, and really expect to be paid the value of the two seperate bets multiplied??

sorry, but no way. bwin is completely right in this case treating it as one bet. you risked 500, on one certain event happening, and were paid accordingly at odds of 1.85.

Ok, I'm going to to stick my neck out even further and speculate that dotl placed another, losing, 'combination' bet at the same time that hasn't been mentioned, looking like this:

Switzerland - Czech Republic (Play by Play) Which team will take the first goal kick in 2nd Half? Switzerland 1.85
Switzerland - Czech Republic (Play by Play) Which team will take the 8th goal kick? Switzerland. 1.85

dotl is clearly what we in the UK would call a "shrewdie" ;-)

I guess he is pissed that he lost 75 instead of making any winnings. i am sure he played both sides because all bets are the same. The 8th goalkick by any team wa also the first one in the second half. I hope you got what he did. He made his bets at ht. it is basically the same as you would bet on a parlay of which team makes the kickoff and which team receives the ball first. You see. 1.85x1.85*500 = 1711.25
1711.25 - 1000 = 711.25 in winnings for betting both sides. No wonder bwin made the bets invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post
haha.. so you parlay two different bets (the 8th goalkick, and the first goalick after HT) which are actually in fact both the same bets, and really expect to be paid the value of the two seperate bets multiplied??

sorry, but no way. bwin is completely right in this case treating it as one bet. you risked 500, on one certain event happening, and were paid accordingly at odds of 1.85.

they had offered me to make that combo
i didn´t force them
why should i be responsible for the fact that idiots work there?

p.s.
they have paid up the same thing plenty of time

Quote Originally Posted by ruby View Post
Ok, I'm going to to stick my neck out even further and speculate that dotl placed another, losing, 'combination' bet at the same time that hasn't been mentioned, looking like this:

Switzerland - Czech Republic (Play by Play) Which team will take the first goal kick in 2nd Half? Switzerland 1.85
Switzerland - Czech Republic (Play by Play) Which team will take the 8th goal kick? Switzerland. 1.85

dotl is clearly what we in the UK would call a "shrewdie" ;-)
bet won for you

i mean it´s battle, i get it
you win some, you lose some
but the most annoying thing is that they just cleaned the account, and didn´t explain why
that is what really pissed me off

Quote Originally Posted by tomcowley View Post
You have a valid complaint. They were dumb enough to take it, and they have no rules about retroactively voiding such things, so you should be paid.
This is nonsense. They haven't voided it, and every book has rules about what happens when a correlated multiple/parlay is accepted in error. I don't know Bwin's rules, but most books I know have it that the stake is split equally across the correlated selctions, which is consistent with what has happened here.

*Sigh*.

B1.6.2 Related Bets:
The customer may not combine (parlay) related bets on the same event. Related bets are two or more different bets that have related contingency.

Example:

Bet 1: “Which team will score the next goal?” contains the following results to bet on:
“Team A”
“Team B”
“No Goal”
Bet 2: “When will the next goal be scored?” contains the following results to bet on:
“Time X”
“Time Y”
“No Goal”
As the option “No Goal” has an effect on both bets, these are deemed “related” to each other.
Related bets do not necessarily contain the same result or refer to the same action. As the relation of bets is not always as obvious as in the example above, the company reserves the right to determine which bets are related to each other. If a multi bet containing 2 or more related picks has been accepted in error, then the company reserves the right to declare this bet invalid (see rule A3.2 Invalid / Void Bets).