Login Search

Pinnacle Question For Justin7

Last Post

Default Pinnacle Question For Justin7

Seeing as how you used to do some work for them, I've directed this question to you ..

Why does Pinnacle not put up their NFL Alt-High and Alt-Low lines until Sunday morning ?

A few years back, they used to put them up on Thursday/Friday/Saturday (can't remember the exact day, but it was considerably earlier than Sunday morning). They also put out an issue of the Pinnacle Pulse specifically highlighting the NFL Alt. lines.

So I'm curious as to why they have become somewhat of an afterthought at Pinnacle over the last few years.

The full game lines for Sunday are still red circled. Alt spreads are essentially pure derivatives of the full game line. Pinnacle would prefer not to have someone max both the game line and the alt line while the full game line is still being sharpened. Putting up alt lines early is an additional potential exposure for them to try to balance.

They used to post MLB Team Totals overnight as well. They stopped doing that this year. So I'm guessing it's a management decision on how to best handle risk in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
Give the people what they want. If a product isn't being posted early, it's presumably because there wasn't enough interest in it early to be worth the cost of keeping it up there in time and/or money.
Doubt that's the reason ... Pinnacle's limits on these have always been relatively low (so not a lot of exposure), and they have the choice of either moving on money, or moving in tandem with the game line ... bottom line, not a lot of work or risk in managing this type of line.

Olympic, CRIS, several other books already have this line up.