Login Search

Cashing a check from an offshore book at a check cashing facility

Last Post

Default Cashing a check from an offshore book at a check cashing facility

Anyone here withdraw via Fed Ex check, and cash the checks at a local check cashing place? I know you can just deposit the check into the bank...but I live in a small town, and have many family friends and such that work at our bank. I really dont want to be deposit these random checks there in case I have to answer any questions and things like that (it would just be kind of awkward)... I really don't mind paying the 3% or whatever it is to cash these at the check cashing place..Im just wondering if they take them, and what peoples opinions are on here that have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by OneLossParlayGuy View Post
Anyone here withdraw via Fed Ex check, and cash the checks at a local check cashing place? I know you can just deposit the check into the bank...but I live in a small town, and have many family friends and such that work at our bank. I really dont want to be deposit these random checks there in case I have to answer any questions and things like that (it would just be kind of awkward)... I really don't mind paying the 3% or whatever it is to cash these at the check cashing place..Im just wondering if they take them, and what peoples opinions are on here that have done it.
just make sure you are careful to get the checks for < $10K.. anything over $10K the bank is required to fill out some info for the IRS

Quote Originally Posted by OneLossParlayGuy View Post
I too am living in a small town and all the tellers know me and talk about all kinds of things when I come in. When I first started depositing the checks I got asked a couple of times, but I said they were from Ebay. I played it up, like how great Ebay is and if they ever sold anything and just stuff like that. However, that worked for smaller checks, when I was depositing a $3000 check once, a teller said wow, that must have been some Ebay sale. I laughed and said, "I wish, no this is from freelance code writing for some new website. I never knew I could be hired as a freelance code writer in a foreign country so easily. It is so exciting!" Anyway, now, I am never asked about them and as an added bonus, they will call the agent on the check and confirm funds and I will get the money available the next day. Gotta love small town service.