Login Search

Betregal suspends wagering

Last Post

Northstar Bets actually has a real licence in Canada from the kahnawake gaming commission which I found listed here: https://gamingcommission.ca/interact...ermit-holders/ and listed as a regulated site at Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, whereas I can't find a license anywhere for Betregal, so that's an improvement I guess.
Last edited by Krashman; 05-09-24 at 07:41 PM.

Sorry bud, not an expert on pc couldn't figure out how to do it.
Says next week your profile and account including balance will be automatically transferred. We will notify you when everything is ready with instructions on accessing account. Log in on Northstarbets.com
There will be a $20 welcome offer and also $100 matched bet.
Keep an eye on your inbox and we will let you know when you can access your Northstarbets.com account.
I had accounts at both NSB.com and Betregal, both have no funds at the moment. Lost at NSB so never withdrew, withdrew a couple K at Regal, but last payment was delayed a few weeks due to processor issue but finally received a couple months ago. In a way glad to be done with them.

Quote Originally Posted by garyking View Post
Sorry bud, not an expert on pc couldn't figure out how to do it.
Says next week your profile and account including balance will be automatically transferred. We will notify you when everything is ready with instructions on accessing account. Log in on Northstarbets.com
There will be a $20 welcome offer and also $100 matched bet.
Keep an eye on your inbox and we will let you know when you can access your Northstarbets.com account.
I had accounts at both NSB.com and Betregal, both have no funds at the moment. Lost at NSB so never withdrew, withdrew a couple K at Regal, but last payment was delayed a few weeks due to processor issue but finally received a couple months ago. In a way glad to be done with them.
Good info, thanks.

Northstar bets is actually an Ontario regulated gaming site, while Betregal went through the process but never received approval (not sure why).
Are you in Ontario?

I'm not. That might be why I never got the email.

From what I have seen as far as 'legal' Canadian books go, I would have to reside in Ontario to be allowed to have a Northstar Bets account.

So my balance at BetRegal might still be stuck.

Just sent them an email asking about it. Hope they respond.

Just checked the Northstarbets websites.

NorthstarBets.ca is licensed by iGaming Ontario and T&C state "(4) You agree that you will only play Games while physically in Ontario using a device that is physically in Ontario."

NorthstarBets.com is licensed by Kahnawake Gaming Commission, and states "(a) You are at least 18years of age in Quebec, Alberta and Manitoba or at least 19 years of age in all other provinces/territories."

Hopefully they send my account to the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Krashman View Post
Are you in Ontario?

I'm not. That might be why I never got the email.

From what I have seen as far as 'legal' Canadian books go, I would have to reside in Ontario to be allowed to have a Northstar Bets account.

So my balance at BetRegal might still be stuck.

Just sent them an email asking about it. Hope they respond.

No I'm in B.C.
Got another email from Regal today stating that their records indicate I already have a Northstarbets account (which is correct) my funds will be transferred, and I will be notified when the process is complete. (No funds there anyway LOL).
I also received a separate email from Northstarbets.com offering me $50 if i bet $10 this weekend.
Not sure why you haven't received an email, but Northstarbets.com is the website for those outside Ontario.

Not sure why the process works the way it does, but some of the books licensed in Ontario allow those in other provinces to have an account, (Tonybet, Northstar, Betway, Bet99 and Powerplay for example) and others do not.
Bet99 is my favorite, their bonuses are fantastic and the lines weak.
Last edited by garyking; 05-10-24 at 11:52 PM.

No I'm in B.C.
Got another email from Regal today stating that their records indicate I already have a Northstarbets account (which is correct) my funds will be transferred, and I will be notified when the process is complete. (No funds there anyway LOL).
I also received a separate email from Northstarbets.com offering me $50 if i bet $10 this weekend.
Not sure why you haven't received an email, but Northstarbets.com is the website for those outside Ontario.

Not sure why the process works the way it does, but some of the books licensed in Ontario allow those in other provinces to have an account, (Tonybet, Northstar, Betway, Bet99 and Powerplay for example) and others do not.
Bet99 is my favorite, their bonuses are fantastic and the lines weak.
I sent them a few emails in the past month, finally got a reply last week after telling them it was my birthday and processing my withdrawal would be a swell gift. lol. Only thing they said that was new info was that an announcement was coming soon. Obvious now they were refering to the Northstar Bet news.

Now they announce it and I get nothing...

I sent them a few emails in the past month, finally got a reply last week after telling them it was my birthday and processing my withdrawal would be a swell gift. lol. Only thing they said that was new info was that an announcement was coming soon. Obvious now they were refering to the Northstar Bet news.

Now they announce it and I get nothing...
Why wouldn't they transfer your funds to Northstarbet like they are saying? They delayed my payment in January for 3 weeks, then apparently sent an Interac transfer without an email so I was unable to access it and it expired. I had to request again and it took another 2 weeks but was eventually sent not long before the news came out. I wouldn't lose hope.

Why wouldn't they transfer your funds to Northstarbet like they are saying? They delayed my payment in January for 3 weeks, then apparently sent an Interac transfer without an email so I was unable to access it and it expired. I had to request again and it took another 2 weeks but was eventually sent not long before the news came out. I wouldn't lose hope.
Yeah, I'm a bit paranoid due to the lack of communication with BetRegal throughout this situation. It's odd I got the initial 'wagering suspended' email and nothing else regarding the transition to NorthstarBets.

They replied to my email today though, so things are looking up now!

Quote Originally Posted by BetRegal
Hello Krashman,

Thank you for reaching out and for bringing this to our attention. I apologize that you did not receive the initial communication regarding BetRegal’s transition to NorthStar Bets. It’s possible that the email may have gone to your spam folder or was missed due to an unsubscribe action.

As we are currently in the process of migrating BetRegal accounts to NorthStar Bets, I want to assure you that your account balance ... has been preserved and will be transferred to the new platform. Regarding the password, for security reasons, we do not send passwords via email directly. Instead, you will be able to set up your new password through a secure link that will be provided to all our customers as part of the final migration communication expected next week.

I will make a note in our system to follow up with you personally to confirm that you have received the necessary instructions for accessing your NorthStar Bets account once everything is ready..

If you need immediate assistance or have further questions, please feel free to reply to this email or contact us at clientcare@betregal.com.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this transition. We look forward to serving you at NorthStar Bets.

Best regards,

​Steven
BetRegal Client Care
Give Points

Points Awarded:

Optional gave Krashman 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Yeah, I'm a bit paranoid due to the lack of communication with BetRegal throughout this situation. It's odd I got the initial 'wagering suspended' email and nothing else regarding the transition to NorthstarBets.

They replied to my email today though, so things are looking up now!

Great! Good luck.

The pop up at Betregal changed today, now it says "Betregal Canada is now Northstar Bets." (Previously it said they were becoming Northstar Bets)

Nothing else changed though. Log in. Still Betregal, still looks exactly the same.

Didn't hear from them as promised about an account at NSB.

I'll try submitting a withdrawal request again tomorrow.

I got an email stating the process is complete, telling me to log in at Northstarbets.com. I already have an account there, and had no balance at Regal so nothing had changed when I went to NSB, and I did not see the $20 bonus offered by Betregal.
I would try logging in at Northstarbets.com which asks for your email and Password. Perhaps try using your email and password from Regal and see if that gets you in to Northstarbets. I don't think you are going to get anywhere with Regal. If they have transferred your account and balance to NSB, Regal doesn't have your money any more. If logging in at NSB doesn't work, I would contact NSB customer service (by live chat)and ask if your account has been transferred from Regal, including the balance, and what info do you need to log in.
The website is Northstarbets.com, and is somewhat finicky being an Ontario approved site, and will require you to download a geolocation app before you can wager.
Last edited by garyking; 05-15-24 at 03:52 AM.

I got an email stating the process is complete, telling me to log in at Northstarbets.com. I already have an account there, and had no balance at Regal so nothing had changed when I went to NSB, and I did not see the $20 bonus offered by Betregal.
I would try logging in at Northstarbets.com which asks for your email and Password. Perhaps try using your email and password from Regal and see if that gets you in to Northstarbets. I don't think you are going to get anywhere with Regal. If they have transferred your account and balance to NSB, Regal doesn't have your money any more. If logging in at NSB doesn't work, I would contact NSB customer service (by live chat)and ask if your account has been transferred from Regal, including the balance, and what info do you need to log in.
The website is Northstarbets.com, and is somewhat finicky being an Ontario approved site, and will require you to download a geolocation app before you can wager.
I emailed Betregal about it.

They replied that I am supposed to click 'forgot password' at Northstarbets.com, and reset the password through that process.

I tried that, it pops up a message that an email has been sent, but I don't receive it.

Have tried repeatedly now.

I don't see a chat button there.

I can still log in at Betregal, and my account balance is still there, not transfered out anywhere.

Sent another email to Betregal, to see what they say.

Yeah i get what you're saying. My NSB only enables the chat after I have logged in. Not sure why you're not receiving the emails. Sounds like maybe they don't have your correct email.
The most recent email I got says if you have any concerns contact: clientcare@betregal.com OR support@northstarbets.com
I assume you've tried the betregal, maybe try emailing the northstarbets as well. You could also try downloading the northstar bets app as well and see if you can get in that way. You could also try opening up a new account at NSB, at which point you would then have access to the live chat. Northstar bets also has a CS phone number 1-877-870-5758. I would probably call that and explain the situation. If they say they have not received your account from regal then you will have to get back to regal.
Last edited by garyking; 05-15-24 at 04:07 PM.