Login Search

188bet doesn't respect its rules

Last Post

Default 188bet doesn't respect its rules

Hi,

I'm new here, I registered 5 minutes ago because I just had a problem with 188bet and they don't want to change their mind.
I've had one or two problems with european bookies in the past but never complained on any forum yet this time there is less money than before, but it is a question of honesty...
I must add that I just asked for the withdrawal of all my money on 188bet.

Here is the story : I bet on a h2h between two skiers in the Women's Olympic Giant Slalom in Vancouver. The bet is winner (Maze against Poutiainen) but was void by 188bet. In a giant slalom there are 2 runs. The 2nd run takes often place 3 hours after the 1st run. This time, because of the bad weather, the Olympic Committee reported the 2nd run to the day after (approximatively 22 hours later so).

In the "Olympic and Special World Event Betting Rules" on 188bet, you can see two rules :

• Should an event be suspended, cancelled or aborted at any point of time during the match and does not resume within 12 hours from the original scheduled time of the game, all bets on that particular match will be voided and refunded .
  • All bets will be considered valid if the match is completed within the official period of the Olympic Games, irrespective of the actual start time. Bets will also be considered valid if an official result is declared by the Official International Olympic Committee (IOC). Should a match be uncompleted, and no official result is given, then all bets will be considered void and all wagers placed will be refunded.

According to the first rule, my bet should be void. But there is then a special rule for Olympics saying that no matter if there is a report, the bets are valid if there are official results. Which is the case, so my bet should be valided.
I had a long livechat with 188bet but they don't want to hear this rule, they just quote the first one... as bookies do in general.

Admitting that there is a specific rule for Olympics which says quite the contrary of the rule before, I feel stolen. I have to precise that I was polite during the livechat, quoting their own rules and giving the official link with the results : http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic...w030102lV.html

Do you think I am right ? or not ?
Thanks for the help !
Last edited by BernardTapis; 02-26-10 at 10:22 AM.

Second similar complaint against 188 this week!

They conceded in the end on the first one and one would have hoped they learned from that but it seems not so.

Second item in this forum is a complaint form - use that if necessary but I would keep trying to get it resolved with 188.
Perhaps find the previous thread and get some clues from that on how to get your case properly reviewed.

Indeed I didn't mention that they voided the bet, which is logically a winner (Maze had to beat Poutiainen in the ranking, Maze is 2nd and Poutiainen 13th).
For bigdaddy, how could I know when I took the bet that the 2nd run would be delayed to the day after ? first time I see that in many years of betting. And you can be sure that if my bet had been loser, they would have applied the special Olympic rule and valided the bet...
With this kind of behaviour they win all the time.

A little up because 188bet sent me an email in which they explain that their decision is final according to the first rule, but they provide me "a token of goodwill amounting to" the amount that I should have won.
So the bet is void but I am given a freebet from the same amount. Funny decision that I had to mention here.
(maybe they read the forum or what ? 1st time ever I see such a thing !)

NB : now I hope that I will be able to withdraw the amount one day without rollover conditions !