Login Search

Will you contine to use Pinnacle?

Last Post

Default Will you contine to use Pinnacle?

I should probably have been a bit more specific with the question.

I shall continue to use Pinnacle to the extent of my current balance but I shall not be making any further deposits as long as the current Rule 30 is in force.

So please interpret the question as "Will you make any further deposits to Pinnacle under the current condition?"
Last edited by Hareeba!; 04-10-14 at 03:57 AM.

i really don't care, so i vote yes. i'm not going to drop my most important book by far simply because they want me to rollover my money a few times.

(plus there's an obvious, though not ideal, way around this rule if you really want to. i'm sure some of you thought of this).

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post
i really don't care, so i vote yes. i'm not going to drop my most important book by far simply because they want me to rollover my money a few times.

(plus there's an obvious, though not ideal, way around this rule if you really want to. i'm sure some of you thought of this).
I've thought of a few things but given the contradictory responses from Pinnacle I can't be confident of anything.

Don't hold back, let's have the "obvious ... way around this rule"

as i said, it's not ideal, but it's either one or the other imo. it's difficult for me to understand how someone who depends on his income from gambling can even consider taking the high road and dropping pinny. i need them so much more than they need me, i'm amazed that doesn't apply to all of us who don't bet just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post
as i said, it's not ideal, but it's either one or the other imo. it's difficult for me to understand how someone who depends on his income from gambling can even consider taking the high road and dropping pinny. i need them so much more than they need me, i'm amazed that doesn't apply to all of us who don't bet just for fun.
Pinnacle certainly good to have on side but not sufficiently superior to other options to warrant incurring the additional new overhead.
My prime source of income is racing and Pinnacle don't even cover it!
And btw .. I certainly don't categorize what I do as "gambling"!

I will continue to use Pinnacle because I have had other issues with Matchbook in the past that are far worse than any rollover issue, and I've personally found Pinnacle to be far and away the most professional and well-run book I've ever used. And I also don't withdraw that often anyway, so it's not a problem for me. (I can see how things would be different for some of you pros, so I'm just talking for myself).

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
Would like SBR Admin position on this!
This really impacts the guy who wants to get in for 20k, make one bet, and get out. Pinny likes the market traders just fine but cant be moving it in and out every time the guy spots a 20k scalp. The player can still do it but they don't want to pay his Skrill or eWhateverwallet and they decided they don't have to. Pinny doesn't want to pay fees because a player doesnt have confidence to keep a balance in or pay extra fees to keep a traders money liquid because they dont have enough to hold balances at all their outs. It's not to keep player money, its to keep from paying to move back and fourth.

When you get a cash bonus at any -110 book its a form of discount off the vig and usually there so you try it out. If the player likes the book during the rollover period he stays and 'rolls' balance over more because he wants to. 95% of Pinny players like the pricing and keep a balance in. The other 5% are not "rolling" anything and are in and out because they can. Most of that 5% is expected to adjust their habits. This is similar to a bonus change.

The effect of this are not good for player. It's going to suck for some but this in itself doesn't make Pinnacle weaker or lesser of a book. They look at it as money saved paying the hoppers keep the margins lower for the loyal regular guys.
Last edited by Bill Dozer; 04-10-14 at 02:59 PM. Reason: regular for cubs!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
keep the margins low for the loyal guys.

LOYALTY! Bill this isn't your neighborhood grocery store around the corner. There is no such thing as loyalty in the world of online bookies. How about your good buddy Bet Islands Jon? How did loyalty pay off there? Or Lenny?

Pinnacle is a faceless company in Curacao, if they think I'm going to keep 5 figures in my account out of "loyalty" then they're in for a surprise.