Login Search

Betfair - Increasing rates

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
To trade in play you need to be getting fast tv transmission. I don't have that.
Soccer? Presumably you are talking Euro, not Aussie? Most of that happens when we are sleeping!
And can you get timely vision?
Sure you can phone Betfair but by the time you get through and ID yourself odds have moved.
Not my scene.
As for ways around it -yeah I know two smartarses who thought that too and both ended up with their Betfair accounts cancelled permanently. I'm not willing to risk that thanks.
I also have mates that have ways around it and have been doing so for 5 years....

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post

This was simply a response to saying it can't be done and is illegal which is completely wrong on your behalf.
What I said was that betting live on line is illegal in Australia. That is a fact.
Yes, I know it CAN be done but that doesn't make it legal. I'm not interested enough in doing it to take the risk of having my Betfair account closed like those of a couple of people I know who thought they were smart enough to fool them.

What I said was that betting live on line is illegal in Australia. That is a fact.
Not quite right, offering live betting to Australian's online is illegal. It is not illegal for you to bet live online as an Australian, the crime is committed by the operator not the player. See Interactive Gambling act 2001 Part 2 s.15.

Quote Originally Posted by muffins View Post
Not quite right, offering live betting to Australian's online is illegal. It is not illegal for you to bet live online as an Australian, the crime is committed by the operator not the player. See Interactive Gambling act 2001 Part 2 s.15.
Correct of course. Thanks Muffins.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
Pinnacle day to day blows away Betfair if you add up every line and 365 days a year

Attachment 64956
True but you can't lay bets at Pinny.

Having said that though, 30% increase in commission hasn't hit here yet fortunately (Australia) but I wouldn't be too shocked if they bring it in eventually.

Betdaq being blocked for Australia is a bit annoying, will look at WBX and Matchbook though have heard good things from friends.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress View Post
why do you need to lay? laying is essencially backing the opposite.

unless you are talking about markets not available at pinnacle, like horses
That's true in two sided contests but there are numerous other contests apart from horse and dog racing where you can lay on Betfair and Matchbook:
competition winner markets on golf, tennis, motor racing, football, basketball, baseball, ice hockey etc etc etc.
then of course there is soccer (and some other sports) which is a 3-way market.

The other thing you can't do at Pinnacle is ask for a price and get it matched some time later.

Looking at the current available liquidity and odds you'd have to say SFA!
I am amazed of the volume that is traded on betfair on cricket. 16 mil already for this match alone
No wonder they afford to increase their commission. It will take a lot more than that to lose their customers.