Login Search

Betfair - Increasing rates

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
Nonsense! I don't live trade but would be lost without Betfair, particularly for horse racing. Cheap AH soccer gets a good deal of action from me too as does golf and F1 which none of my other bookies, including Pinnacle serve at all well.
Hareeba there is very little AH money in nthe ppols for soccer pre game, even in game not as much as totals and 1x2.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
Hareeba there is very little AH money in nthe ppols for soccer pre game, even in game not as much as totals and 1x2.
Is that right?
Do you play them?
I do.
I find that by pitching for a couple of cents more than Pinnacle and SBO I almost always get matched for takeouts of up to $2k pre game.
Sure there's not the volume of 1x2 and totals betting. I suspect most Poms don't really understand AH and find it too complex?

I don't do live trading. It's not legal online in Australia.

But there is no way I'd leave Betfair and I'd strongly encourage anyone who bets on racing to open an account there. They are by far and away the best place for betting on racing.

And for sports no other establishment offers as many markets. For some sports I bet on Pinnacle's and SBO's limits are pretty low. Betdaq? Australians can't bet there!

Yes the increase in commission in some countries and the premium charge crap is a concern but fortunately doesn't directly affect me. I just wish Betfair would get back to concentrating on what they set out to be in the beginning - and achieved it remarkably well.
you say you can't trade in Australia, but my main source of income is Soccer trading. It can still be done over the phone mate.
also there are ways around if you get what i mean.....

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
you say you can't trade in Australia, but my main source of income is Soccer trading. It can still be done over the phone mate.
also there are ways around if you get what i mean.....
To trade in play you need to be getting fast tv transmission. I don't have that.
Soccer? Presumably you are talking Euro, not Aussie? Most of that happens when we are sleeping!
And can you get timely vision?
Sure you can phone Betfair but by the time you get through and ID yourself odds have moved.
Not my scene.
As for ways around it -yeah I know two smartarses who thought that too and both ended up with their Betfair accounts cancelled permanently. I'm not willing to risk that thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gaebiskon View Post
Isn't Matchbook catching up?
I hope Matchbook soon offers live betting for every sport. Can't wait to switch completely to it.
matchbook is the future. They already offer better odds than pinny.

I love the fact that they focus only on sports betting. Those stupid games that are advertised on betdaq or betfair websites are ridiculous and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress View Post
Stay calm and keep paying!
i will becose if i bet live with other EU bookies i face 10-13secs time for accepting bets and in most sports odds changed meanwhile. and with betfair you know you have 5 or 8secs and bets will be matched for sure at that price. so i preffer to pay 2k comissions monthly from something rather then get 100% from nothing.

To trade in play you need to be getting fast tv transmission. I don't have that.
Soccer? Presumably you are talking Euro, not Aussie? Most of that happens when we are sleeping!
And can you get timely vision?
Sure you can phone Betfair but by the time you get through and ID yourself odds have moved.
Not my scene.
As for ways around it -yeah I know two smartarses who thought that too and both ended up with their Betfair accounts cancelled permanently. I'm not willing to risk that thanks.
1. Yes I have fast tv
2. Soccer yes
3. Australian and European
4. The odds don't move that fast.
I don't know about you Hareeba! but I don't have trouble trading euro games.

This was simply a response to saying it can't be done and is illegal which is completely wrong on your behalf.