Login Search

Betfair - Increasing rates

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Winner_13 View Post
How come people do not use pinnacle?

Does some1 have an example where its actually better to use betfair and pay the 5-7% commission?
Assuming same lines
What do you mean? Of course if they are both quoting the same line and odds Pinnacle comes out on top but that's not always the way it is.
Any serious punter who can would use both Pinnacle and Betfair, amongst others.
I get a bit tired of people always referring to Betfair's 5% commission. Most serious players aren't paying that.
I always factor in Betfair's commission when deciding whether to bet there or at Pinnacle or somewhere else.
Betfair net of commission is still better than Pinnacle enough times to make it worthwhile.
On top of that there is the benefit of using an exchange where you can ask for a price and hopefully get matched later if the odds you want aren't there at the time.
Then of course there are the hundreds of markets and options which Pinnacle doesn't offer.

Quote Originally Posted by tradeout View Post
Market Base Rate structure will be as follows:

MBR 5%
United Kingdom
Ireland
Italy
Gibraltar
Malta
Denmark

MBR 7%
Albania
Armenia
Croatia
Monaco
Serbia & Montenegro
Slovakia

MBR 6.5%
All other countries

Oh. I'd assumed just greed initially, but looking at that list I'm thinking it's partly to do with transaction costs and fraud risks. Those in the 7% bracket are scam central, the bookies have a lot of trouble from there.

Just to be clear: if you don't do live trading there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to open a Betfair account now. It's just not competitive.

Exactly..that is what Betfair is for

Betfair in NJ for racing is useless..there will be virtually zero in the pools..its for NJ residents only and on track handle is very low

I only use Betfair when I have to, and will use whichever site gives me the best "net" price". I am no longer bothered about doing bets just to make betfair £100s and keep my x% discount. Too much hassle and I begrudge Betfair too much now anyway.

Joining Matchbook has been great, and the 0% of soccer has already saved me at least £1000 in commission!!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
Just to be clear: if you don't do live trading there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to open a Betfair account now. It's just not competitive.

Exactly..that is what Betfair is for
Nonsense!

I don't live trade but would be lost without Betfair, particularly for horse racing.

Cheap AH soccer gets a good deal of action from me too as does golf and F1 which none of my other bookies, including Pinnacle serve at all well.

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
Oh. I'd assumed just greed initially, but looking at that list I'm thinking it's partly to do with transaction costs and fraud risks. Those in the 7% bracket are scam central, the bookies have a lot of trouble from there.
Yes, and the likes of Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, Netherlands and Austria deserve a 30% hike because of all the nefarious "Swedish Prince" scams that originate from their countries?