Login Search

Betfair - Increasing rates

Last Post

Default Betfair - Increasing rates

I cant believe after sucessful months i got this email.

Dear David,

At Betfair you always get the best possible products and services. To ensure you continue to get a premium experience, we are increasing the base commission rate on Betfair Exchange markets in your country to 6.5% from January 30th.

You can of course continue to earn significant discounts of up to 60% on this commission rate through the Betfair points system. A full explanation of how your commission is calculated can be found atBetfair Learning.

This rate increase does not apply to any promotional markets with a fixed commission rate.

Thank you for your continued business and good luck with your future betting at Betfair.

Yours Sincerely,

Betfair Customer Service

Please note that the “Rules” tab which is found on each market on the “Classic” or “Old” version of Betfair is incorrectly displaying the Market Base Rate as 5%. Please ignore the information about the Market Base Rate on the “Classic” or “Old” version of Betfair. The correct Market Base Rate for you is 6.5%.

"To ensure you continue to get a premium experience"

eh? pardon? how does that work?

I'd simply like to hear some justification for this hike in commission.

So far fortunately it doesn't apply in Australia except on racing which was supposedly to offset the unfairly applied turnover tax but I'm not sure that is justifiable in all States any more.

Nobody is moving to Betdaq or Ladbrokes or wherever, Betfair has gigantic liquidity and opponents dont even offer 1/3 of their markets becose of idiotic management. they want to concentrate on fewer markets with top liquidity but they dont realise that bettors want all markets and then will move. on other hand those competitors dont want to invest in rest markets, thats it.
and betdaq has increased commisions some months ago from 3 to 5% and their commision table is even worser then betfair.
end of story.