Login Search

Matchbook deliberately slowed?

Last Post

Hi guys,

Sorry your experience recently hasn't been up to scratch; however, I can assure you it's not a deliberate attempt to move you to the new website.

That said, the vast majority of Matchbook customers are using the new platform, and the classic one is not supported with the same level of hardware as it was previously.

I would ask that you try to get used to the new site, as unfortunately, we can't support the classic version forever.

Thanks,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post
I've noticed the complete slowdown too..thought it was just me.

Don't mind the new site on Desktop, but completely un-useable on mobile.
the_situation - Have you tried the mobile version recently, much improved version released just before Christmas. Also, not sure what type of mobile you use, but we'll have a new Android app available shortly and our iPhone app, which has been out since November, has been very popular with customers.

Thanks,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MatchbookMike View Post
the_situation - Have you tried the mobile version recently, much improved version released just before Christmas. Also, not sure what type of mobile you use, but we'll have a new Android app available shortly and our iPhone app, which has been out since November, has been very popular with customers.

Thanks,

Mike
Yes I have, doesn't seem like it's really optimized for mobile use. I use Android - Android update would be great as I saw an Iphone update was released. Any ETA?

Hi guys,

Sorry your experience recently hasn't been up to scratch; however, I can assure you it's not a deliberate attempt to move you to the new website.

That said, the vast majority of Matchbook customers are using the new platform, and the classic one is not supported with the same level of hardware as it was previously.

I would ask that you try to get used to the new site, as unfortunately, we can't support the classic version forever.

Thanks,

Mike
Yes, I've been trying to get used to it but some things I just don't like when compared with the classic site.

Mike, I really have been trying hard to wean myself off the "classic" site onto the new one but I find it imperative to keep referring back to the old site to get correct details.

There are several things which I don't like on the new site, including the fact that unmatched bets are hidden away on a different screen; the small text in the betting window and inconsistencies in reporting on matched and unmatched bets.

One such current example on my matched bets list on the new site shows two significant bets on a game between Nottingham Forest and Ipswich Town!

Those teams aren't scheduled to play each other until 30 March! And I can't find a market for it anywhere, including on Matchbook's new site! Fortunately no such bets appear on my matched bets report when referring to the old site.

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
Mike, I really have been trying hard to wean myself off the "classic" site onto the new one but I find it imperative to keep referring back to the old site to get correct details.

There are several things which I don't like on the new site, including the fact that unmatched bets are hidden away on a different screen; the small text in the betting window and inconsistencies in reporting on matched and unmatched bets.

One such current example on my matched bets list on the new site shows two significant bets on a game between Nottingham Forest and Ipswich Town!

Those teams aren't scheduled to play each other until 30 March! And I can't find a market for it anywhere, including on Matchbook's new site! Fortunately no such bets appear on my matched bets report when referring to the old site.
Hi Hareeba,

You should be able to see and track your unmatched bets, in the betslip, at all times?

Could you message me your username or send a screenshot of these bets on Nottingham Forest and Ipswich Town to feedback@matchbook.com?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Hareeba,

You should be able to see and track your unmatched bets, in the betslip, at all times?

Could you message me your username or send a screenshot of these bets on Nottingham Forest and Ipswich Town to feedback@matchbook.com?

Thanks,

Mike

Yes Mike, they are on the betslip. What I dislike is that they are not conveniently displayed on the betting screen like they are on the old "classic" site and at Betfair. One has to open up a separate window to see unmatched bets. And the text size in that window is a test for my ageing eyes.

I've already sent a screenshot of those rogue bets to CS and they've fixed it up now thanks.

And now I've just had another bet matched and the new and old systems are showing different profits for it on the same stake! This software is all over the place Mike!

And a further reason to keep using the "classic" site: if you want to have a bet on the English Championship game tomorrow between Sheffield Wednesday and Barnsley you have to go to the "classic" site as the new site doesn't have this game at all!
Last edited by Hareeba!; 01-30-14 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
Mike, this really is ridiculous!

Today I find that the NBA game Sacramento @ Dallas isn't on the new site and I had to go to the old site to bet on it!
are you sure? I see it in the new site

I never bother to use the old site. I like the new one better than any other exchange but that's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
are you sure? I see it in the new site

I never bother to use the old site. I like the new one better than any other exchange but that's just me...
Yeah, it is there now but most certainly wasn't when I was trying to bet. Had a similar instance (see earlier post) with a soccer game yesterday.