Login Search

WSEX Slow Payout Updates

Last Post

For those who have been paid and live in the states has your check come with anything else included with it? Today i received a check for $2,945. Except, there is a letter saying i have to activate the check to use it. I have to spend it at Macy's or Sears etc. It is saying its some secret shoppers club.

The only reason why this has me baffled is the fact that one of the checks im waiting on is for $3,000.

Is this their new way of doing things? or is it simply a scam and pure coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by TodayIsForgotten View Post
For those who have been paid and live in the states has your check come with anything else included with it? Today i received a check for $2,945. Except, there is a letter saying i have to activate the check to use it. I have to spend it at Macy's or Sears etc. It is saying its some secret shoppers club.

The only reason why this has me baffled is the fact that one of the checks im waiting on is for $3,000.

Is this their new way of doing things? or is it simply a scam and pure coincidence?
So your check is really just a gift card that can only be sent specific places? That would be seriously ****ed up!

Quote Originally Posted by RazzFan View Post
So your check is really just a gift card that can only be sent specific places? That would be seriously ****ed up!
I know. If that were the case I'd be livid.

I am almost positive the envelope had from canada on it. But, then when i open it up there is a check from PNC Philadelphia.

There are 3 documents that contain in a brief summary:

Attention: My Name
REF: TSD-2061
Please read the entire underlined portion very carefully to avoid mistakes:

We are a SECRET CUSTOMER employment firm that specializes in assisting corporations on how to improve customer services relations to their clientele: we represent over 2500 firms. You have been chosen by our human resources department to evaluate the stores/business listed below: Congradulations!!!

The document tells me to cash the check at my bank and then go and purchase stuff. I'm really confused by that sentence. If i were to cash this check and it went through I'm sure as shit not buying anything from what they told me to. So weird.

WTF?!?!? I'm going with scam, but im' so confused since the money value on the check is nearly identical to my withdrawal.

Pure coincidence? Maybe i'll ask Josh. Pretty sure this is just coincidence. Out of the 2 documents one has hong kong on it and another New York. Then the check from Philly.
Last edited by TodayIsForgotten; 04-26-10 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TodayIsForgotten View Post
I know. If that were the case I'd be livid.

I am almost positive the envelope had from canada on it. But, then when i open it up there is a check from PNC Philadelphia.

There are 3 documents that contain in a brief summary:

Attention: My Name
REF: TSD-2061
Please read the entire underlined portion very carefully to avoid mistakes:

We are a SECRET CUSTOMER employment firm that specializes in assisting corporations on how to improve customer services relations to their clientele: we represent over 2500 firms. You have been chosen by our human resources department to evaluate the stores/business listed below: Congradulations!!!

The document tells me to cash the check at my bank and then go and purchase stuff. I'm really confused by that sentence. If i were to cash this check and it went through I'm sure as shit not buying anything from what they told me to. So weird.

WTF?!?!? I'm going with scam, but im' so confused since the money value on the check is nearly identical to my withdrawal.

Pure coincidence? Maybe i'll ask Josh. Pretty sure this is just coincidence. Out of the 2 documents one has hong kong on it and another New York. Then the check from Philly.
This has zero to do with WSEX ... this is a fairly common scam form letter, similar to the "winning lottery" letters/e-mails that circulate.

The good news is, that cheque wasn't from WSEX. The bad news is, that wasn't your cheque from WSEX.