Login Search

Matchbook liquidity is not great but not so bad either..

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by the sink View Post
Did they just make the commisions worse then before?
Matchbook users who post offers will be charged .5% commission while Matchbook users who accept offers will be charged 1%

before u got 0.2% if your bet was taken and u payed 1% if u matched a bet

Matchbook Commission Structure

As of April 11th 2011 Matchbook is announcing a new commission structure. Matchbook users who post offers will be charged .5% commission while Matchbook users who accept offers will be charged 1%, calculated on volume.

Matchbook commission rates of 0.5% or 1% will be applied to the win amount for winning trades. For losing trades, it will be applied to the lesser of the stake or win amount.
This subtle change will drive the next phase of growth on the exchange as Matchbook makes a large scale marketing push into Europe and Asia.

Baseball moneyline commission rates are charged at 0.2% for users who post offers and 0.8% for users who accept offers. On all other markets and sports Matchbook users who post offers will be charged 0.5% commission while Matchbook users who accept offers will be charged 1%, calculated on volume.

Matchbook VIP
In the coming weeks, Matchbook will be unveiling Matchbook Rewards, a multi-tiered customer loyalty program where high volume players are rewarded with even lower commission rates.

the new commission structure is worse than before .... you used to get money when you posted offers ....now you get charged
for it ....thats sux for those of you stil playing there

its still lower than any other place but it doesnt really reward you for making markets

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate#1 View Post
Does anyone else have problems getting offers filled? Still better prices than pinnacle with whoever is putting up the market, but damn its hard to get a fill if you want to go a few cents cheaper. Can't see it getting any better with the new commission structure.
I've not been very active during the first few weeks of baseball and the final weeks of NBA and NHL but didn't have much trouble getting matched at prices in excess of Pinnacle's, just as normal for the few bets I've had in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandeleigh View Post
Hopefully people will be willing to not stare each other down for so long with only 0.5% difference commission at stake (0.6% for baseball) between offering and taking, as opposed to the 1.2% commission difference before this change.
good point Art

I know I'll be more likely to accept offers than wait for a match now when it's getting tight