Login Search

The disaster that is ... my soccer/football/futbol picks

Last Post

April 29, 2014
Play No. 1
English Premier League: Real Madrid +0.5 (+115)
Risking $100.00 to win $115.00

I don't feel too great about this, but my eyes didn't lie to me when these teams played in the first leg. My biggest concern is a 2-1 or 3-2 loss will be good enough for Madrid to advance, so over might be safer. The problem with the over, though, is trusting Bayern's offense to finally break down Madrid and put the ball in the net on multiple occasions. Plus, Madrid does not have a great history when it plays in Germany, the beatdown of Schalke notwithstanding.

We'll see. Let's hope for a semifinal that lives up to the hype.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

zizoudane10 gave ParlayininHTown 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bayern Munich = Barcelona but with different players.

They're not as good at it as Barca, if it was Bayern from last year might have been different game but I'm beyond happy Madrid is destroying them, now everyone knows who the best team in the world really is.

Just hoping we don't see an all Spanish Final... opposite of last year all German... although Chelsea will park for life which will make the final very boring.

Quote Originally Posted by edabramov View Post
Bayern Munich = Barcelona but with different players.

They're not as good at it as Barca, if it was Bayern from last year might have been different game but I'm beyond happy Madrid is destroying them, now everyone knows who the best team in the world really is.

Just hoping we don't see an all Spanish Final... opposite of last year all German... although Chelsea will park for life which will make the final very boring.
Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
Thiago out, Schweinsteiger in.
Anyone who doesn't see the MASSIVE difference is blind as a bat.
That's the key. Simple as that.

I don't think an All-Spanish final would be that bad ... Atleti and Real were making some vicious challenges and showing tons of emotion the last time they met. I could go for a one-off of that, even if there are more yellow cards than shots on goal.

Zizou makes a good point about Thiago, but Real Madrid deserves credit for being so dangerous on the counter. It was a bad matchup for Bayern, especially considering the way they have struggled to break down defenses and become complacent in recent matches. That set-piece defending, though ... Ugh.

I'm a little worried they won't turn up for the German Cup final. It would be a massive disappointment if Pep's first season ends with only one piece of silverware.