Login Search

Everyone wants to rant and rave about fixed matches on here, but they missed this one

Last Post

@ bihon... amount unmatched and matched, yes. almost all exchanges share it.... it`s just, exact placed amount of money on a team on event we are looking for...or % share for each team

let`s say how much money is in bet365 on brazil and how much is on chille...or...
how much money in asian bookies was on toyoma this morning to half it`s orice between all bookies, because betfair matched was only few hundred... what wouldn`t change a bit price...
Last edited by chuda; 06-28-14 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chuda View Post
let`s say how much money is in bet365 on brazil and how much is on chille...or...
how much money in asian bookies was on toyoma this morning to half it`s orice between all bookies, because betfair matched was only few hundred... what wouldn`t change a bit price...
You can safely assume roughly the same ratio accross the bookies.
The price change is not determined by money matched for each book individualy but in accordance with all of them, they follow not only own demand but also prices elsewhere. Otherwise it would be too easy for us to hedge the market.
We can also assume if there is no much interest for particular event on Betfair, the volume overall is also low.

of course, i take a lot from betfair bets turnover , as i believe , there is most of barred from other sites for winning too much or dodgy betters with big amount money for dodgy teams... other bookies would throw them out after 2 - 3 bets ... market says a lot... but what you don`t know is, that price on brazil is "crap" because how much actually is on either side , i would say 90 % of volume matched that`s why i am playing chilli tonight their starting estimate of volume in for brazil was ~ 75 % but more people went for it .... but let`s say what i wanna know is how much anywhere in world was on toyama this morning or like how much is on hummel.... they are live now...
betfair had nothing on either of these teams.... ofcourse they slashed a price , because those bookies are one gang...it`s just where and how much went for them.. there got to be at least good few 4 digit bets somewhere on hummels...

Quote Originally Posted by chuda View Post
so much so, it`s wishful thinking to see bet slips on event...
but ya, betfair is good , rough estimate , especially for lower league events...
It is more than rough.
E.g. based on above data
  • Total matched on this event:€2,615,538
  • Betting summary - Volume:€2,133,828

...which says 81.6% bet on Brazil.
I have no doubt it is the same on Bet365 or any other book.

@ bihon... it`s all nice and it`s all right what you saying....but, exchange volume money, especially for big events is made up big time from traders.... half of those lay bets is people trading chile.... they bought them, lets say 1000 euro 2 weeks ago @ 4.50 on chile, and now they selling for @7 .... what i am looking is "fixed bet" amount .... yes it`s roughly close as betfair matches backers its self and market between betfair and bet365 goes hand in hand... but your 81 % out of 2 million is not one side placed bet amount on brazil