Login Search

Everyone wants to rant and rave about fixed matches on here, but they missed this one

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by SydBarrett View Post
What reasons is there for a bookmaker to close a market if they dont think its fixed? Just a random thought
They usually close markets when they're seeing suspicious betting patterns pre-match or even in-play if they're receving too much money if compared to what it should be based on the situation.

Of course the fact that a bookie think it's fixed or suspicious doesn't mean that the match is actually fixed, they could just have wrong info on the teams etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSportsAnalyst View Post
They usually close markets when they're seeing suspicious betting patterns pre-match or even in-play if they're receving too much money if compared to what it should be based on the situation.

Of course the fact that a bookie think it's fixed or suspicious doesn't mean that the match is actually fixed, they could just have wrong info on the teams etc.
Thanks for the answer, but i know THAT reason. My question is if there is any other reason than that to close a market. Is it always because of suspicious betting patterns? I think it happens too often to be the only reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SydBarrett View Post
Thanks for the answer, but i know THAT reason. My question is if there is any other reason than that to close a market. Is it always because of suspicious betting patterns? I think it happens too often to be the only reason.
Suspicious or simply not in line with what they were expecting.

Let's say you are a bookie and offer a team to win a match at 2.00.
In the morning you're receveing 10k of bets on that team which is three times more than what you expected...
You'll probably lower the line... but what if you receive 20/30k more on that team?
Maybe you've wrong info and you decide to exit from the market before it's too late.

Not saying it's fixed, probably just a wrong line looking at the teams stats and recent form, but the U 156.5 (opening line) in the Pau-Orthez v Strasbourg was heavily wagered by a lot of decent guys during the day apparently.

Pinnacle had that line @1.85 and now for the same price they've only a very smaller 152.

Decent 9.4% drop on Pinny alone, worth a look.