Login Search

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Dec 07

Last Post

Man Utd over rated?

I mean they have one of the best if not the best Managers in the Word in Sir Alex Ferguson, he knows how to organise a team and get them to win a game when the pressure is on. They only need a point. But playing for a point away from home in europe is gonna be something that any team let alone Manchester United won't do. I expect them to run Basel ragged with a passing game and quick breaks, when you have speed players like Valencia, Nani and Ashley Young you need to utilise them. They will add to that with strength and power players to hold the ball up if pressure is on for them like Rooney, Vidic, Jones and Park Ji-Sung. They will come out guns blazing aiming to socre goals, and try and make Basel keep up. Which they won't be able too. Man United on paper win this game easily and I can see it being a 4-1 or 5-2 type scoreline.

They have far more talent on the field than Basel.

Hernandez (Chicarito) will be out for tonights game, other notable absenties are Dimitar Berbatov, although he doesn't start much at all and Michael Carrick who is suspended.

The starting lineup will most likely be:

GK: De Gea
DR: Smalling
DL: Evra
DC: Jones
DC: Vidic
DMC: Park Ji-Sung
MR: Young
ML: Valencia
**: Fletcher
AM: Nani
FW: Rooney

Bench: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Evans, Young, Macheda, Welbeck, Giggs

This team is capable, bet against United when the pressure is on at your peril.