Login Search

What is your job title, salary and location

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
former financial analyst fired for getting hand caught in the cookie jar, pm to use me as a reference
Yeah, no. Was fired asking for a raise after being promised one. Company was failing, was promised a huge bonus next year instead of a raise, showed diagram of how it was nearly impossible for company to hit assets under management goal (which was required for bonuses to be paid next year) with current construction in process and pipeline, was fired for "not believing in the company".

Never written up, had created several tools that helped the company become more efficient and eliminate "opportunities" that were far outside of company return requirements (thus saving business development, engineering, construction, and finance time and money).

While I definitely would have done it a bit differently, I would have still been job searching for a different company to work for. Just should not have insisted on the raise after being told by HR I would receive it ($5k) and then not.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
Yeah, no. Was fired asking for a raise after being promised one. Company was failing, was promised a huge bonus next year instead of a raise, showed diagram of how it was nearly impossible for company to hit assets under management goal (which was required for bonuses to be paid next year) with current construction in process and pipeline, was fired for "not believing in the company".

Never written up, had created several tools that helped the company become more efficient and eliminate "opportunities" that were far outside of company return requirements (thus saving business development, engineering, construction, and finance time and money).

While I definitely would have done it a bit differently, I would have still been job searching for a different company to work for. Just should not have insisted on the raise after being told by HR I would receive it ($5k) and then not.
was referring to myself but joking, not a financial analyst. sorry to hear about that hope you land what youre looking for soon.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post

In what state can you be fired for asking for a raise? What kind of company would fire someone for asking for more money?!...only exposes yourself, let them quit if they don’t feel they are being compensated to satisfaction...didn’t read the whole thing but smells fishy..

Also, bonuses are explicit..if the requirements are met then, in court, you have a leg to stand on ..if the terms weren’t in writing...make sure they are next time..

this is fkn guy..prob a fake poster but this post is good info either way.