Login Search

This Happened To A Friend of Mine, What Would YOU Do?

Last Post

Default This Happened To A Friend of Mine, What Would YOU Do?

Let's say you are walking down the street with your girlfriend/wife beside you on a busy street and this 6 foot about 185 pound average built African American grabs your girls behind and keeps walking the opposite direction. Your girl or wife looks at you in shock. What is your exact reaction? This happened to a friend of mine and I would like to know if he did the right thing by not confronting the African American. What would you do? Or say?

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
Being an African myself, I would have fought the guy.He disrespected you and your girlfriend.
This didn't happen to me but would you go right into swinging? Or talk to him first? What if he has a weapon? Would he do that if he wasn't confident in defending himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
This didn't happen to me but would you go right into swinging? Or talk to him first? What if he has a weapon? Would he do that if he wasn't confident in defending himself?
Of course it wasn't you....you mentioned girlfriend...

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
If he had a weapon I wouldn't have done shit. On the other hand, if he didnt, then I wouldnt have said one word to him and would have proceeded to punching him right in his grill
I wouldn't think he would keep his weapon in the open, but what about the unknown possibility of him having a weapon? You hit him and then he takes out his weapon and it's too late, you are laying on the sidewalk bleeding profusely from your chest. This is how murders happen. I'm thinking if there's a better analytical approach to this situation to know your odds. I would probably walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
I wouldn't think he would keep his weapon in the open, but what about the unknown possibility of him having a weapon? You hit him and then he takes out his weapon and it's too late, you are laying on the sidewalk bleeding profusely from your chest. This is how murders happen. I'm thinking if there's a better analytical approach to this situation to know your odds. I would probably walk away.
I would punch him real fast in that situation and if i get a clean hit, more than likely he will not recover. I have big punching power and i box from time to time. In the heat of the moment, i just want to hurt the guy, period.

Great discussion here, Seaweed.

First of all, you have to be very careful with the African American. They can be unpredictable at times. The best thing to do is to smile at them, and offer a Red Lobster coupon if you have one. I carry them around for this exact circumstance. You just never know when they might come in handy.

If the African American pulls out a weapon, your best bet may be to offer up your girlfriend and just walk away. You may never see her again, and if you do, she may return to you a bit bowlegged, but at least you get out of the situation intact.

Is this the incident you briefly mentioned that happened out West? I hope your colleague is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
Great discussion here, Seaweed.

First of all, you have to be very careful with the African American. They can be unpredictable at times. The best thing to do is to smile at them, and offer a Red Lobster coupon if you have one. I carry them around for this exact circumstance. You just never know when they might come in handy.

If the African American pulls out a weapon, your best bet may be to offer up your girlfriend and just walk away. You may never see her again, and if you do, she may return to you a bit bowlegged, but at least you get out of the situation intact.

Is this the incident you briefly mentioned that happened out West? I hope your colleague is okay.
Yeah, it's the same incident I mentioned to you earlier. You really provide some thought-provoking alternative approaches to the situation.

Oh, and my colleague is fine. He walked away without a scratch. However, I think his girlfriend got really upset at him for walking away. Girls can be pretty selfish I guess.
Last edited by Seaweed; 04-17-14 at 07:34 AM.