Login Search

Ten big time athletes who are horrible tippers

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by artofaggression View Post
Shut your face jizzlobber. Im in the military so thats why I was in Europe and am now back home. And since i defend the freedoms your fat-a$$ partakes in, im sure I've the inherent right to criticize them. So the only person that feels safe behind a keyboard is your white ass while Ive been to Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq.

Eat shit and die
As a former soldier myself, I'm embarrassed that you would pull that "card" as some sort of appeal to moral authority. What upsets me even more is your penchant for insults and your general disdain for those you have had the PRIVILEGE of serving. Your general attitude reflects very poorly on a uniform I was proud to wear for 7 years. But you're right in one sense: being a lousy tipper is clearly the least of your problems.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

InTheDrink gave James Marques 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Leave it to the merry misfits of sbr to bitch and moan about the norms of a culture

These cheap fuks should like the system because they can not tip and effectively get their meal at a discount

It's funny how the thread started as railing against cheap athletes and became a great debate by the cheapest and/or most dysfunctional members of sbr

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
As a former soldier myself, I'm embarrassed that you would pull that "card" as some sort of appeal to moral authority. What upsets me even more is your penchant for insults and your general disdain for those you have had the PRIVILEGE of serving. Your general attitude reflects very poorly on a uniform I was proud to wear for 7 years. But you're right in one sense: being a lousy tipper is clearly the least of your problems.
I'm a fan of urs artofaggression, but this is one hell of a post right here

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
Leave it to the merry misfits of sbr to bitch and moan about the norms of a culture

These cheap fuks should like the system because they can not tip and effectively get their meal at a discount

It's funny how the thread started as railing against cheap athletes and became a great debate by the cheapest and/or most dysfunctional members of sbr

Pretty much

Another thing I'm getting sick of on here is Europeans constantly bashing the US at every turn possible....We are definitely not perfect but it's the same shit over and over and it's mostly things that most Americans will agree with in the first place.....I'm sure I hate some things that go on in the French or German society for example but you don't see me bitching about it constantly....or ever really.....Why do Europeans and other foreigners know so damn much about our laws and social ways? Why do they even care?

Quote Originally Posted by artofaggression View Post
Shut your face jizzlobber. Im in the military so thats why I was in Europe and am now back home. And since i defend the freedoms your fat-a$$ partakes in, im sure I've the inherent right to criticize them. So the only person that feels safe behind a keyboard is your white ass while Ive been to Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq.

Eat shit and die
So you lived in Europe for 2 decades in the military, plus you've been to Afghanistan, Kuwait, and Iraq? Either you're around 60 years old or a liar. I'll go with the latter. You just dig yourself deeper with every post.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkina2008 View Post
Europeans and smaller cars...well actually we care about the environment and we think that spending unecessary money on gas is stupid Smaller houses...well I mean if you live in a big city in the US, like NY, you probably have to earn 500k a year to get a bigger house than the average guy in Europe
Just like I said - every delusional Euro claims they actually like small houses and cars.

About europeans being poorer...are you serious? Have you ever been to Europe? Quality of living in the world UN official stats...
Also like I claimed, a total economic illiterate. What are "world UN official stats?" Ever hear of GDP per capita? Purchasing power parity? That's the output of your country, divided by its people, in terms of what you can buy. Here's a 2013 list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...%29_per_capita

See where the US is? Now scroll down to find Germany. And scroll way, way down to find Portugal. The only Euro zone countries wealthier per capita are Norway, a country of 4 million people sitting on oil, and Luxembourg, a banking city-state. Break the US out into small states like Europe and Connecticut and Washington DC are far richer than Norway and Luxembourg. And again, that's with millions of poor immigrants streaming across our southern border.

Face it son, you have crap policies. Europe is becoming increasingly irrelevant; basically just the world's museum. Only gonna get worse, too, because of no population growth.

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
Just like I said - every delusional Euro claims they actually like small houses and cars.

Also like I claimed, a total economic illiterate. What are "world UN official stats?" Ever hear of GDP per capita? Purchasing power parity? That's the output of your country, divided by its people, in terms of what you can buy. Here's a 2013 list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...%29_per_capita

See where the US is? Now scroll down to find Germany. And scroll way, way down to find Portugal. The only Euro zone countries wealthier per capita are Norway, a country of 4 million people sitting on oil, and Luxembourg, a banking city-state. Break the US out into small states like Europe and Connecticut and Washington DC are far richer than Norway and Luxembourg. And again, that's with millions of poor immigrants streaming across our southern border.

Face it son, you have crap policies. Europe is becoming increasingly irrelevant; basically just the world's museum. Only gonna get worse, too, because of no population growth.
Dude u either never been to Europe or are completly delusional and btw Norway is not part of the European Union or the Euro Zone.

Well I worked in auditing of financial services and I am contracted by people from ur country a few occasions, so I guess you are the illeterate one, since IHD is the accepted measure worldwide for quality of living. What mattares if u have 10k more to spend if you have to pay that in health insurance. Go read something before you continue to make a fool of urself? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index)

Regarding the immigrants and disregarding the xenophobe comment, here is some more culture for you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...orn_population... see the US has more immigrants in absolut numbers, now do you want to compare the territory of the US to any EU country? If you see by percentage of the population, there countries in Europe with more foreigners and almost all of the are within 1 or 2% (or up or down) to what US has

Btw reguarding cars, the US ones are so good that Detroit went bankrupt...and yeah curiously the cars that americans want to buy when they get rich are BMW, Mercedes or Porsche, all german. And when u talk about high end are Ferraris, Lanborghinis....italian...

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
Pretty much

Another thing I'm getting sick of on here is Europeans constantly bashing the US at every turn possible....We are definitely not perfect but it's the same shit over and over and it's mostly things that most Americans will agree with in the first place.....I'm sure I hate some things that go on in the French or German society for example but you don't see me bitching about it constantly....or ever really.....Why do Europeans and other foreigners know so damn much about our laws and social ways? Why do they even care?
Nothing is perfect thats for sure and Europe also has some bad things for sure, but the discussion was started on the basis that not tipping is being cheap or a scumbag or whatever. And we (europeans) just said that we dont things different and find it just bad for society as a whole to tip, because it creates inequality and only benefits in the end the owner of the restaurant (lets just keep it to that example)

Why do we know so much about american law and society? Maybe because you wanna "bring democracy" to the world...and you keep on making propaganda worldwide on how a society like the US is so perfect and we in Europe because we are in a diferent kind of Union dont really care about bringing our model to the rest of the world.
Other fact might be that one of the main exports of the US are movies and music which talk about or depict the US society...

What I dont know is a single american that has been to Europe and did not like it...

Nothing is perfect thats for sure and Europe also has some bad things for sure, but the discussion was started on the basis that not tipping is being cheap or a scumbag or whatever. And we (europeans) just said that we dont things different and find it just bad for society as a whole to tip, because it creates inequality and only benefits in the end the owner of the restaurant (lets just keep it to that example)

Why do we know so much about american law and society? Maybe because you wanna "bring democracy" to the world...and you keep on making propaganda worldwide on how a society like the US is so perfect and we in Europe because we are in a diferent kind of Union dont really care about bringing our model to the rest of the world.
Other fact might be that one of the main exports of the US are movies and music which talk about or depict the US society...

What I dont know is a single american that has been to Europe and did not like it...
I have no problems with Europe as a whole and I think you guys are ahead of the US in a lot of ways socially

I just have a problem with people from other countries constantly bashing the US about some of our dumb and antiquated laws....You guys constantly act condescending towards Americans but you don't understand that most of the "educated" Americans probably agree with your bitching in the first place

Most common folk couldn't give a fukk about "spreading democracy" and all that BS....Our politicians do not represent the common American's outlook and views...We are probably a lot closer than you think so quit acting all superior

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
I have no problems with Europe as a whole and I think you guys are ahead of the US in a lot of ways socially

I just have a problem with people from other countries constantly bashing the US about some of our dumb and antiquated laws....You guys constantly act condescending towards Americans but you don't understand that most of the "educated" Americans probably agree with your bitching in the first place

Most common folk couldn't give a fukk about "spreading democracy" and all that BS....Our politicians do not represent the common American's outlook and views...We are probably a lot closer than you think so quit acting all superior
Me and you probably are but a lot of responses here show how uninformed a lot of americans are about anything that is out of the good old USA... I am not acting superior, I mean the US bailed us out a couple of times but that does not mean that having an opinion like "I thing tipping is a dumb thing in what it represents to the society" is being a cheap fuk, because being a norm in the US does not mean that is something correct

Me and you probably are but a lot of responses here show how uninformed a lot of americans are about anything that is out of the good old USA... I am not acting superior, I mean the US bailed us out a couple of times but that does not mean that having an opinion like "I thing tipping is a dumb thing in what it represents to the society" is being a cheap fuk, because being a norm in the US does not mean that is something correct
Tipping is one of those things were I see can see both sides of the argument...I'm just talking in general and not singling you out

Just annoying to see foreigners (mostly Europeans and sometimes Canadians) constantly take shots at America...I could understand if all of our citizens acted like we are portrayed to be or all had the same views of some of the over zealous American politicians

Its just not the case though...The majority of us agree with a lot of the same things you mock us for. Most of us would like to just have the freedom to make a living and enjoy ourselves....We don't care to spread our ways to the rest of the world at all.... We definitley have some right wing nuts that are "typical Americans" to you foreigners but they are in the minority and we laugh at them along with you

Like sports betting and online gambling....The majority of the US either is for it or atleast believes that we should have the freedom to choose to gamble when and how we like with our own money....No sense in you guys mocking America for our dumb laws about Gambling when the majority of us would agree...an example
Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 04-14-14 at 10:08 AM.

my home is canada thank god universal healthcare clean hi std. of living you draw the old age pension at 65 never having a job your entire life i draw 2 pensions from the U.S. and 2 from canada nice double dip you wanna whine and bellyache go live in a 3rd. world country like bangladesh remember the terrorists will be back big time the world trade center was just a warmup