Login Search

List your top 10 favorite Rap songs Current or Classics

Last Post

Drake is either top 3 most popular hip hop artist out right now, or he is THEE most popular. Lil Wayne is somewhere in there too.

That's 2010's hip hop. That's the current state of affairs.

It's worse than a goddamn dumpster fire behind a discount abortion clinic.

There might be a few good artists out there right now, and I support the hell out of them, as I have NEVER straight up pirated a CD worth buying. Never.

On that note, Kid Cudi's new EP Satellite Flight is on-fukkin'-point. Downloaded that shit off Piratebay, gave it a once through and immediately went out and bought the CD. Fantastic short album to relax to.

No lyrics, but an awesome song nonetheless:

Last edited by ChalkyDog; 04-18-14 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
Drake is either top 3 most popular hip hop artist out right now, or he is THEE most popular. Lil Wayne is somewhere in there too.

That's 2010's hip hop. That's the current state of affairs.

It's worse than a goddamn dumpster fire behind a discount abortion clinic.

There might be a few good artists out there right now, and I support the hell out of them, as I have NEVER straight up pirated a CD worth buying. Never.

On that note, Kid Cudi's new EP Satellite Flight is on-fukkin'-point. Downloaded that shit off Piratebay, gave it a once through and immediately went out and bought the CD. Fantastic short album to relax to.

No lyrics, but an awesome song nonetheless:

lol hip hop is in a great place right now. I can name many rappers right now that are really good.

Drake is good, you just don't like him cos he sings

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeaBJ View Post
Nah man not in order just the shit that Ill put in rotation. If I had to do a top 10 probably be like this (personal preference).

1. Biggie
2. Eminem
3. Pac
4. Nas
5. Jay
6. Kanye
7. Andre 3k
8. Pusha
9. Fab
10. Pun
Kanye should be ahead of all them imo. He is the best hip hop artist of all time imo

Quote Originally Posted by Jcole94 View Post
being a producer is part of being an artist lol
so youre telling me that swizz beats is a hip hop artist??? or that biggie was a producer??? or that puffy the rapper was better than puffy the producer??? cmon man. production is different than being the artist

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
so youre telling me that swizz beats is a hip hop artist??? or that biggie was a producer??? or that puffy the rapper was better than puffy the producer??? cmon man. production is different than being the artist
First of all. How is not adding the actual MUSIC of it not part of being an artist? yes producers are artists.
definition of artist:
a person who works in one of the performing arts, as an actor, musician, or singer; a publicperformer: a mime artist; an artist of the dance.

I would consider a producer a musician. But really it is not too hard to understand how adding guitar or whatever to rap vocals is part of being an artist.

How is biggie a producer????

Quote Originally Posted by Jcole94 View Post

How is biggie a producer????
i was being sarcastic like puffy as a rapper. (terrible one)

if you want to go by that meaning than youre correct. there are many producers who arent known but make good beats they arent known as artists they are known as producers. there is a difference between the production side of the industry and being a rapper. i dont put them in the same category.