Login Search

Fly Me #3 "The Resurrection" Sports Talk,Good Tunes,Great Times, Anything Goes

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
The manager I reported to at 8am every morning (I was responsible for the IT production on the overnights) was the most anal when it comes to water bottles/coffee next to keyboards and such.

One of the finest technical writers too I ever worked with, very friendly fella, but God forbid if he would see a coffee cup at my desk near a terminal.

The dude is geek personified, not an aggressive bone in his body.
He saw a cup of coffee I was drinking one morning, he shot me a look like Mike Tyson before a fight.

I'll never forget that look, he was anti cigarettes too.
Clearly he doesn't understand that the two main staples of working graveyard are cigarettes and coffee, Adderall is your buddy too on the overnights.
Worked swing shift for 16 years !!
It does the body bad!

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
Worked swing shift for 16 years !!
It does the body bad!
I did it for 30 years since I was eighteen, (that would make your pal Nasher a tad over 48 years old) since COVID I'm semi retired now, work exclusively remote and home.

You don't eat right, you don't sleep right...

I see a sleep expert who is a psychiatrist, he helps me with getting a normal sleep pattern, and also helps me with my ADHD as well, the prescriber of my Adderall.

He'll tell you the brain is at it's most effective peak at 1pm, and least effective at 3am.

Unless you're some type of EMS professional, or work for NORAD, no man should work graveyard.

However, since I chose the geek career path, you can't process financial business transactions, like insurance or banking, or major retail for instance during the day while business is being transacted, it must me done when the business day has concluded, generally around 10pm is when you can start.

^
@KVB
Princeton, and Furman are two examples why I fill out two, no more than three bracket contests, not a gazillion.
I'll spend 20 minutes of my life on them, that's it.

If every game was a true 50/50 flip, the odds of a perfect 63 game bracket is 9.2 quintillion to 1
or if you will 9.2 to the 18th power
9,200,000,000,000,000,000 to 1

The odds of Carrie Underwood dropping to her knees for some mind numbing skull tonight are better than that.

...If every game was a true 50/50 flip, the odds of a perfect 63 game bracket is 9.2 quintillion to 1
or if you will 9.2 to the 18th power
9,200,000,000,000,000,000 to 1...
I always laugh at these numbers because, as you point out, not every game is a 50-50 flip.

Not even close.

I did it for 30 years since I was eighteen, (that would make your pal Nasher a tad over 48 years old) since COVID I'm semi retired now, work exclusively remote and home.

You don't eat right, you don't sleep right...

I see a sleep expert who is a psychiatrist, he helps me with getting a normal sleep pattern, and also helps me with my ADHD as well, the prescriber of my Adderall.

He'll tell you the brain is at it's most effective peak at 1pm, and least effective at 3am.

Unless you're some type of EMS professional, or work for NORAD, no man should work graveyard.

However, since I chose the geek career path, you can't process financial business transactions, like insurance or banking, or major retail for instance during the day while business is being transacted, it must me done when the business day has concluded, generally around 10pm is when you can start.
I worked at a Papermill for 16 years the first 2 was 8 hour swing shifts and the last 14 we worked a better 12 hour swing shift.
That was just what we were scheduled, I never had under a 1000 hours OT in a year. Worked in Power and Recovery department until I volunteered for the Emergency Response Team, we did hazmat chemical containment, fire and rescue, and all the confined space entry training.

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
Riding the Zona State train tonight. Going with them again on the moneyline.

I would like to ride that!!! 2nite, 2morrow, next week, and ya money line, credit + or -, on account, what ever it takes
Give Points

Points Awarded:

KVB gave jackpot269 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.