Login Search

Fly Me #3 "The Resurrection" Sports Talk,Good Tunes,Great Times, Anything Goes

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
On my list of the most annoying thigs, way up on the list you'll find power outages.

So...

I'm up at 6:30 am this morning, about by usual time I get up, hang the the customary leak, go to the kitchen to brew the coffee...

Then BAM, like a kick to the yam bag, total darkness and total silence.
This like 6:50 am, I mutter to nobody in particular "Mother f*cker"

No electricity, no gas even.
No lights, no wi-fi, nothing.
And today is the day I have a mountain of paperwork to clear, you know, trivial shit like finances and stuff.

I really need to get us a backup generator.

Power power is finally restored about noon, I get an automated message from the electric company telling just as Ally said it might be, strong overnight winds knocking down trees.

The worst part of the whole thing is when service is restored I have to resynch the router, reset clocks, and all that other assorted bullshit, difficult? No, time consuming and a pain in the ass? F*ck yeah.
There's six hours of my life I'll never get back.

I bet your day didn't suck monkey balls like mind did?

Now the good news.
I ate the chalk and laid the 6.5, and they covered, snapping my four game losing streak.
I hate those Fukkers too!(POWER OUTAGES) So for the last 18 or so years I have lived about 2 blocks from the main electrical office and my power is almost never out. If mines out everyone is usually out!
Before living here, we were about 20 miles out and off the main road, and when the power went off we were the last ones to get service back on, and my wife was a Vice President at the electric company.