Login Search

Fly Me #3 "The Resurrection" Sports Talk,Good Tunes,Great Times, Anything Goes

Last Post

Any of guys do your own home remodeling? I own, my first home, a 1974 ranch house. I have remodeled every room in the house by myself (give or take some electrical and plumbing). I have enough money to have it done, but I'm always up for a challenge. We are talking new floors (wood, ceramic, slate), walls (backsplash), wet bar, base boards and such..Iv done myself

The ol' lady says we need to get rid of the 70's doors (brown, hollow and patched up juck). We are getting our house reappraised due to a refinance from a 30yr to a 15. Ok we are going to shave off 8 years and pay 15.00 more a month, cool. But then again the ol lady want the doors done before the appraisal. I have two weeks. Holy fukk what a nightmare. I have seven doors to do and have only three finished with painting. I recently found out a fukking router works wonders on the hinges (with a jig) as I was doing some 1900's chiseling on the first door. I did well though...I respect those without. With sawing off the bottom of the door and sanding corners that don't fit...fukk this. I make too much money for this shit and I have 4 doors to go.

OK I feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
Any of guys do your own home remodeling? I own, my first home, a 1974 ranch house. I have remodeled every room in the house by myself (give or take some electrical and plumbing). I have enough money to have it done, but I'm always up for a challenge. We are talking new floors (wood, ceramic, slate), walls (backsplash), wet bar, base boards and such..Iv done myself

The ol' lady says we need to get rid of the 70's doors (brown, hollow and patched up juck). We are getting our house reappraised due to a refinance from a 30yr to a 15. Ok we are going to shave off 8 years and pay 15.00 more a month, cool. But then again the ol lady want the doors done before the appraisal. I have two weeks. Holy fukk what a nightmare. I have seven doors to do and have only three finished with painting. I recently found out a fukking router works wonders on the hinges (with a jig) as I was doing some 1900's chiseling on the first door. I did well though...I respect those without. With sawing off the bottom of the door and sanding corners that don't fit...fukk this. I make too much money for this shit and I have 4 doors to go.

OK I feel better.