Login Search

2 large explosions near finish line of Boston Marathon

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
The media is to blame to be honest. CNN is atrocious and the largest culprit. Few hours of coverage necessary, 24/7? Fukk off. They are the reason this keeps happening. Glorification.
Whenever there is a shooting or some mass killing, as soon as the media learns who it is they have their photo posted on their channel nonstop for the next 72 hours and dig up every single thing they know about the person and give the person all the attention in the world

Hence why we have copycat killers, nutcases like Adam Lanza see how the media focuses all their attention on the killer and want to do the same to get their 15 minutes.

Maybe if our media stopped glorifying the killers and making them the focal point of their 24/7 coverage for days upon days, we will get less copycats.

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
Whenever there is a shooting or some mass killing, as soon as the media learns who it is they have their photo posted on their channel nonstop for the next 72 hours and dig up every single thing they know about the person and give the person all the attention in the world

Hence why we have copycat killers, nutcases like Adam Lanza see how the media focuses all their attention on the killer and want to do the same to get their 15 minutes.

Maybe if our media stopped glorifying the killers and making them the focal point of their 24/7 coverage for days upon days, we will get less copycats.
This I agree with you about.

Media is a function of the market.

Someone mentioned this already, but if you want to change the way the media covers something, you have to change the consumer.

I don't blame this on the media at all, I blame this on societal short comings. This, as well as all the shootings, is a mental problem of an individual. The problem is that it isn't an isolated mental issue.

Or maybe, THE media wants to cauterize misinformation into the public mass's minds,to be accepted as indisputable pseudo facts .............

Taught truth,.........

26 people died at Sandy Hook... ZERO injured... Not one drop of blood ever seen... NO surveillance footage...

3 People died in Boston... OVER 100 injured... Blood everywhere... Video footage everywhere...

CNN still talking about Sandy Hook hours after Terrorist Attack on "our" country...

If the average American can't figure this shit out on their own, I'm afraid we are all pretty much fukked...

How dumb are people?? Are you guys really this dumb??

Unreal...

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
26 people died at Sandy Hook... ZERO injured... Not one drop of blood ever seen... NO surveillance footage...

3 People died in Boston... OVER 100 injured... Blood everywhere... Video footage everywhere...

CNN still talking about Sandy Hook hours after Terrorist Attack on "our" country...

If the average American can't figure this shit out on their own, I'm afraid we are all pretty much fukked...

Unreal...
Yes they are,kinger...............

You are obsessed with him, sounds like you really want to have your way with Rifleman in the bedroom. But I don't think Rifleman flies that way, so sorry to let you down
Maybe the lamest post in the whole thread. This guey is completely useless. This is like intro to innanet 101 posting with the canned joke. What a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post

Unreal...
Well there were already tons of media cameras already there at the Boston Marathon and it happened outside in front of 1000's of people.