Login Search

anyone that eats food needs to watch this.

Last Post

Monsanto

VIDEO

ENVIRONMENT & HEALTH
How Monsanto Plants Stories, Suppresses Science and Silences Dissent

Investigative journalist Carey Gillam discusses the case.

by Amy GoodmanDemocracy Now! August 14, 2018

ENVIRONMENT & HEALTH
Secret Documents Expose Monsanto’s War on Cancer Scientists

Policy makers must not allow corporate-spun science to guide decisions about cancer prevention.

by Stacy MalkanU.S. Right to Know July 16, 2018

ENVIRONMENT & HEALTH
Hundreds of Cancer Cases Against Monsanto Will Proceed to Trial

Some 4,000 plaintiffs have alleged that Monsanto's products have made them sick.

by Jessica CorbettCommon Dreams July 11, 2018

ENVIRONMENT & HEALTH
The Bayer-Monsanto Merger Is Bad News for the Planet

Bayer and Monsanto have a long history of collusion to poison the ecosystem for profit.

by Ellen BrownThe Web of Debt Blog April 21, 2018

ENVIRONMENT & HEALTH
Have Monsanto and the Biotech Industry Turned Natural Pesticides Into GMO “Super Toxins”?

Is the supposed safety advantage of GMO crops over conventional chemical pesticides a mirage?

by Jonathan LathamIndependent Science News October 11, 2017

AUDIO

ECONOMY & LABOR
Economic Update: Human Rights vs. US Water Economics

This episode discusses access to safe water and more.

by Richard D. WolffTruthout August 25, 2017

Arkansas and Missouri Ban Monsanto-Made Dicamba Weed Killer

Trouble is brewing in the fields of Arkansas, in the form of an herbicide known as dicamba.

by s. e. smithCare2 July 18, 2017

Monsanto Promises to “Aggressively Challenge” California’s Listing of Weed Killer as Cancer Cause

As California moves forward with glyphosate listing, debate over warning labels, exposure limits continue.

by Carey GillamEnvironmental Health News July 14, 2017

ENVIRONMENT & HEALTH
Of Mice, Monsanto and a Mysterious Tumor

An expert pathologist employed by lawyers for cancer victims looking for evidence that may prove a cover-up by Monsanto.

by Carey GillamEnvironmental Health News June 16, 2017

I have nothing but disdain for Monsanto, however, a strict right wing crazy like Dwightie bitchin about food safety is really funny. the progressives in this country have long held and probably very valid beliefs about food and how big business adulterates it and fcks with it, processes it and turns some of our food into if not poison at the very least problematic. this has been a left wing issue for decades going all the way back to the 50's and 60's.

the joke is dwightie has joined the left wing bandwagon on this issue. he is a right-wing crazy, but it simply proves my point that this lad hasn't one clue about one thing.

now having stated my opinion on food processing, Monsanto and almost every big business food giant I will state this. GMF has yet to be proven harmful, I am not stating unequivocally that it is not, it may very well be, but so far the actual proof is very lacking. Is the proof lacking on additives, no the proof is there

here is an interesting true story a publication entitled PREVENTION magazine started writing about the dangers of hydrogenated oils back in the early 70's I believe. it got very little traction by the medical association or for that matter even the public, very few people knew about it. My family and I attempted to avoid that additive and it was very difficult because it was in 100's of different foods. Guess what, prevention magazine was correct it is a very dangerous additive and the government is finally taking action, not perfect action but some action.

the irony is dwightie doesn't have one clue about hydrogenated oils and they more than likely are much more dangerous than what he is bitching about.

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
You aren't a fan I take it?

I certainly ain't
well it is strange to say the least that a far right wing crazy like yourself is not a fan of big business, you are inconsistent dwightie not because you pick and choose valid arguments but just the opposite you have no real ideas about anything and that is proven every time an individual asks you a question concerning the BS you toss out and you refuse to answer--much like tonight with HR. you're a phony and about 99% of the forum knows it.

this is a left wing issue you idiot, you as a right-wing crazy and a staunch defender of capitalism should be claiming something like when it is proven bad I will join the crowd. you haven't a clue my silly friend and if you do and I am wrong, compose a few paragraphs (don't steal it now) defending yourself and why you believe what you believe.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ource=Facebook

'Like sending bees to war': the deadly truth behind your almond milk obsession
Pesticides are used for all kinds of crops across the state, but the almond, at 35m lb a year, is doused with greater absolute quantities than any other. One of the most widely applied pesticides is the herbicide glyphosate (AKA Roundup), which is a staple of large-scale almond growers and has been shown to be lethal to bees as well as cause cancer in humans. (The maker, Bayer-owned Monsanto, denies the cancer link when people use Roundup at the prescribed dosage. So far this year three US courts have found in favour of glyphosate users who developed forms of lymphoma; thousands more cases are pending.)

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ource=Facebook

'Like sending bees to war': the deadly truth behind your almond milk obsession
Pesticides are used for all kinds of crops across the state, but the almond, at 35m lb a year, is doused with greater absolute quantities than any other. One of the most widely applied pesticides is the herbicide glyphosate (AKA Roundup), which is a staple of large-scale almond growers and has been shown to be lethal to bees as well as cause cancer in humans. (The maker, Bayer-owned Monsanto, denies the cancer link when people use Roundup at the prescribed dosage. So far this year three US courts have found in favour of glyphosate users who developed forms of lymphoma; thousands more cases are pending.)

Well at least it doesn’t make you ‘less manly’ like soy milk...