Login Search

Which PRO poker players have gone BROKE and NEVER recovered?

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by frizzelli View Post
Heard good old Gus Hanson went broke awhile back.
Thought I heard this too. Wouldn't surprise me, he went on a really lucky run of catching cards and playing crazy aggressive when everyone thought he was so great.

Rumor has it there are a handful of former big names asking for loans in the betpoints section now

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
Michael Mizrachi is a beast. There is no way that cat could ever go broke. From 2008-2010 I heard the dude raked in like $9 million a year.

The guy was broke enough that he wasn't paying mortgage on the three houses and had to be bought into the Players Championship (I think by Ted Forrest) that he ended up winning.

Just because you make a ton of money, doesn't mean you do anything wise with it.

But in my opinion, Stu Ungar was the most popular player that went broke and stayed broke. He was a great tournament player in a time where those tournaments payed out much less than they do now. He couldn't play cash games, lost a ton on horses, and oh, had such a crazy cocaine addiction that his god-damn nostrils morphed.

He died in a shitty motel, broke (thanks to hookers robbing his dead body), and had to be bought into a ton of tournaments later in life.