Login Search

Knicks close it out tonight.

Last Post

Default Knicks close it out tonight.

Despite losing Game 5 at the Garden the Knicks will close out the Sixers tonight. Embiid is running on fumes with a bad knee and the Knicks will defense will be tight on Maxey. Unless Tobias Harris resurrects his offense for Philly, they're done. They get nothing from their bench. Should have been over on Tuesday.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

SBR Andy gave klemopixx 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Plus they're not getting any of the calls from the refs. Maxey getting fouled regularly, Embiid flopping all over the place, refs are tired of blowing the whistle especially in the last five minutes. Let 'em play! I think it's going to be a DiVincenzo night, he's due. What surprised me was all those turnovers from Embiid the other night. One missed free throw late in the 4th killed New York. That game was over.

I'm the furthest thing from a NYK yahoo, I'm a Celtics fan, but good on the Knicks loyal fan base.
Their fans deserve some May excitement after a quarter century of some pretty horse shit basketball.

I was originally a New Jersey Nets fan, being born and raised in the swamps of Jersey about 20 miles south of the Meadowlands.
(Then I got married, and moved to New England, and by now you know the rest of the story)

I grew up a Devils and Nets fan, had the privilege of watching the greatest goaltender to ever lace them up (Brodeur), and for two consecutive years J-Kidd led the usually inept Nets to the NBA finals.

Vin-sanity came over from Toronto after the Nets lost to the Spurs in six games.

Today's Vince Carter fun fact.

Carter played in twenty-one NBA seasons, not once in 21 years did any of Carter's teams reach an NBA Championship Finals Series.
Not the Raptors, not the Nets, he came after the 2003 series, not Orlando, not Dallas, or Memphis.

As a matter of fact, Carter has played in only one Conference Finals, that was when he was in Orlando, and lost to Boston in six games.
The Magic had some really good teams back in the day.

Twenty-one full NBA seasons and the closest Carter came to a Championship ring was one East Conference Finals Series.

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
Despite losing Game 5 at the Garden the Knicks will close out the Sixers tonight. Embiid is running on fumes with a bad knee and the Knicks will defense will be tight on Maxey. Unless Tobias Harris resurrects his offense for Philly, they're done. They get nothing from their bench. Should have been over on Tuesday.

Good job with this.
Well played.

That was one of the most entertaining playoff games I've seen in a while.
Far from an artistic thing of beauty, but a mighty entertaining game, nevertheless.

I think it's time for Josh Harris to consider moving off Embid and build around Maxey.

The Sixers haven't sniffed a Championship since Embid's been there, and the next full season Embid plays will be the first full season he plays.

I'm really looking forward to that Pacer -Knicks series.

Word is Porzingis is shelved for two weeks, if Boston does advance to the ECF he should be good to go.
Personally, I want to see an Indy-Boston ECF.

The empty suits over at ABC/ESPN and TNT would love a Boston-New York ECF.
Two mammoth East Coast Markets, both cities have some of the most rabid fans, and the most important part as far as the admen and the marketers, and the networks, and the owners and league executives are concerned, most New York and New England sports fans have money to burn.

No knock-on Indianapolis, the whole state of Indiana is a hot bed for hoops.
I've been to Indy a few times, great sports city, great food, great people...
Indy is a mid-major market though, and with a Pacer team in the ECF, that would only generate a fraction of the revenue a New York City or Boston would.
The bottom line is the bottom line, the business of business is business and all that other bullshit.

Th refs don't give Maxey any respect at all. Tobias Harris with zero points??? Kyle Lowry zero points??? At least Batum and Buddy Heild showed up! Sixers need to dump the aging veterans on one year deals idea and switch to younger talent playing a faster game with defense leading the way. Give Tyrese the rookie max, keep Embiid but cut his regular season minutes to about 24/game, go with younger defensive minded players with a sharpshooter or three on the bench. Also a young center to keep Embiid's minutes down. Knicks have the right idea although losing Bogdanovic hurts them in this Pacers series.