Login Search

Would you bet against these Golfers in the CJ Cup or this is a waste?

Last Post

Question Would you bet against these Golfers in the CJ Cup or this is a waste?

I was thinking of risking $2,000 and placing a lay bet against these golfers:

• Patrick Fishburn - profit: $3.50
  • Kevin Dougherty - profit: $3.50
  • Callum Tarren - profit: $3.50
  • Stewart Cink - profit: $3.50
  • Harrison Endycott - profit: $4.00
  • Zach Johnson - profit: $4.00
  • Nico Enchavarria - profit: $4.00
  • Patton Kizzire - profit: $4.00
  • Austin Smotherman - profit: $4.00
  • Zecheng Dou - profit: $4.00
  • Kevin Streelman - profit: $4.00

So risking $2,000 to win $42

Is this "low risk" worth it or perhaps it's better to lay the favorite, for instance, Jordan Spieth, at a price of 20 to 1 and then risking $2,000 against him alone would yield around $110 profit?

What do you think?

Seems like a safe play as none of those guys have sniffed a leaderboard in a while. That being said, this is a pretty weak field and so far this season these types of events have produced some longshot winners.

I would usually lean towards a chalk 'make the cut' parlay over these.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

arie1985 gave SBR Andy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by arie1985 View Post
What's your opinion about laying the favorite Jake Knapp - risking $550 to win $150 approx, worth the shot?
Too much golf left to be laying that type of price. A lot of guys within striking distance.

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Andy View Post
Ah my bad, misread that. Ya I would probably go field over Knapp at this point.
Done, bet placed, risking $540 to win $110 by betting on the field to win against Jake Knapp in live betting:

Prematch Jake Knapp was 90 to 1 or 100 to 1 at BetMGM:

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/...led-11-majors/

I have "good" experience betting on these high odds and losing it, especially with horses, but this time I'm taking this shot.

Playing golfers in these weaker field events is like trying to win the lottery. It's hard. Already this year, there have been so many surprise winners outside of the events where you get the Scottie Schefflers and Rory McIlroy's competing. Seriously, when Jake Knapp and Nick Dunlap won, who really bet them to win? Who had Chris Kirk at Sentry?

I usually play The Players, the majors, and some of the designated events. I'll probably play Rory and maybe Wyndham Clark next week at Wells Fargo since it's a big-field event. I think you'll see a good player winning there. Will prolly play Koepka at PGA. Whenever he is playing well going into major, watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
Playing golfers in these weaker field events is like trying to win the lottery. It's hard. Already this year, there have been so many surprise winners outside of the events where you get the Scottie Schefflers and Rory McIlroy's competing. Seriously, when Jake Knapp and Nick Dunlap won, who really bet them to win? Who had Chris Kirk at Sentry?

I usually play The Players, the majors, and some of the designated events. I'll probably play Rory and maybe Wyndham Clark next week at Wells Fargo since it's a big-field event. I think you'll see a good player winning there. Will prolly play Koepka at PGA. Whenever he is playing well going into major, watch out.
The guy on the television said "this is going to extra holes, I'm sure of it" - and he is an experienced golf player ... just showing you how everything is so unpredictable.

Yes, you need to give credit to these good players (e.g. Koepka) - I think if you can single out a player that won't make it then bet against him risking $1,000 against odds of 25/1 ro so - winning $40 - is it worth it? I don't know, I tend to say no ...