Login Search

Mac, need your insights on the Cavs' State of Affairs

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
Looks like Allen is out tonite.
Yep, and a blowout like I thought. If/when Allen doesn't play, just take Boston. If he's out for the series, then this will be a sweep or 5 games. Boston outrebounded the Cavs, I think by 15 boards. Mobley just does not take up the paint like Allen and he is an offensive mess right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
Yep, and a blowout like I thought. If/when Allen doesn't play, just take Boston. If he's out for the series, then this will be a sweep or 5 games. Boston outrebounded the Cavs, I think by 15 boards. Mobley just does not take up the paint like Allen and he is an offensive mess right now.
Salud, Mac. Yeah, I can't believe the Cavs don't have a better Backup C.

Waiting for Allen to return. Would gladly take Cle +11 if Allen is cleared to Start.

Mac:

*Gm 2 line is Cavs +13.5
...Even without Allen, I'm considering Cavs.
...Surely CLE w/o Allen is > MIA w/o Butler.
...BOS had a great Gm1. People are now so comfortable backing BOS.
...BOS has a great bench. But the Porzingis absence has to show up @ some time. Even if it's just Horford playing longer minutes.
...If Allen returns, the +13.5 will look incredibly fat.

Any update on Allen would be great. Do you think that he was CLOSE to playing Gm1? If so, he could be cleared for Gm2.

Mac:

*Gm 2 line is Cavs +13.5
...Even without Allen, I'm considering Cavs.
...Surely CLE w/o Allen is > MIA w/o Butler.
...BOS had a great Gm1. People are now so comfortable backing BOS.
...BOS has a great bench. But the Porzingis absence has to show up @ some time. Even if it's just Horford playing longer minutes.
...If Allen returns, the +13.5 will look incredibly fat.

Any update on Allen would be great. Do you think that he was CLOSE to playing Gm1? If so, he could be cleared for Gm2.
Right now BOS bench says it all! Amazing, as we said earlier, Kornet is totally underappreciated. The man is very servicable and the rest of the bench much overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
Right now BOS bench says it all! Amazing, as we said earlier, Kornet is totally underappreciated. The man is very servicable and the rest of the bench much overlooked.
Ya, Madison. I made these comments in the Boston future thread.

I honestly think Boston's bench would challenge Indiana in a series. As for valuation, I think Boston is now over-priced. It's as if there's no displacement for Porzingis.

Salud, Mac. Yeah, I can't believe the Cavs don't have a better Backup C.
Waiting for Allen to return. Would gladly take Cle +11 if Allen is cleared to Start.
Cavs medical staff shares nothing to anyone. Not a pin drop on Allen. I'm thinking he does not play game 2. Wade is making a slow recovery. I doubt he plays either. My guess, Wade plays the first game in Cleveland (game 3) and Allen returns in game 4, possibly game 3.

I seriously can't take the Cavs without Allen. They will get abused on the boards and pushed around without him. You are in a world of hurt when Tristan Thompson and Marcus Morris Sr. are your toughest players. Those guys are closer to the glue factory.

I seriously can't take the Cavs without Allen. They will get abused on the boards and pushed around without him. You are in a world of hurt when Tristan Thompson and Marcus Morris Sr. are your toughest players. Those guys are closer to the glue factory.

LOL, was thinking about the condition of my sorry body and what it used to be.

One's body gets EXPONENTIALLY worse every five years after 40.

Point well taken with these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
Cavs medical staff shares nothing to anyone. Not a pin drop on Allen. I'm thinking he does not play game 2. Wade is making a slow recovery. I doubt he plays either. My guess, Wade plays the first game in Cleveland (game 3) and Allen returns in game 4, possibly game 3.

Salud, Mac. Yes, I saw that the HC reduced Morris' minutes.

Knows that he can't win if Morris is out there. Merril got more MIN last game.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave ChuckyTheGoat 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Salud, Mac. Yes, I saw that the HC reduced Morris' minutes.

Knows that he can't win if Morris is out there. Merril got more MIN last game.
Unfortunately, he doesn't run plays to get Merrill open. Why have him on the court if you don't set him up to shoot. Garland and Merrill's defense are huge disadvantages. The Celtics guards just push them out the way to the basket. The Cavs have not been very disciplined staying attached to shooters. They love to sag, especially Garland to help in the paint, allowing the Cs to shoot open 3s. The Cs players are stronger than the Cavs. If they get Allen back, he can man the paint and really provied help inside.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave Mac4Lyfe 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.