Login Search

Ck's 2024 mlb thread

Last Post

Just watched the myriad of blown saves last night on MLB.tv and it appears that most of the evening events had this happen! Egads!

I looked at a trusted fantasy friend's reliever board (yes there are guys who utilize this sort of thing) and with the exception of Pale Hose, Rox and Cubs (which are shaky) and the committee approach of the Brewers, Blunts and Sailors every teams bullpen on paper is steady. Just must have been one of those nights

124-132-5 +27.55 UNITS

Looking ahead to Thursday.. I already blasted away on a FAVORITE (Red Leggins) for 3 UNITS and I am gonna wait it out for Astronauts to see if I can get more CRUMBS with Blanco

Rot.#907 Sailors/Twins UNDER FF NO LINE Gilbert#2 + TOP OFFENSE vs Lopez#1 + AVERAGE OFFENSE
Rot.#909 Astronauts+117 Blanco#3 + TOP OFFENSE vs Stroman#6 + TOP OFFENSE 2 UNITS
Rot.#902 Red Leggins-118 Greene#4 +SOLID OFFENSE vs Cecconi#14 (DNS) + SOLID OFFENSE 3 UNITS
Rot.#905 Brews/Cardinals OVER FF Myers#11+AVERAGE OFFENSE vs Lynn#12 (DNS) + WEAK OFFENSE
Rot.#911 Guardians-1.5 RL NO LINE Lively#5+ SOLID OFFENSE vs Fedde#10 +POOR OFFENSE
Rot.#905 Cardinals-1.5 +142 RL Gray#4 +WEAK OFFENSE vs Myers#12 +AVERAGE OFFENSE
Rot.#909 Astronauts Team Total OVER 4 +100 2 UNITS
Rot.#909 Astronauts-1.5 +175 RRL 1 UNIT

Last edited by atthehalf; 05-09-24 at 09:50 AM.

In the event that the Wanderers win the game 1 vs the Athletics feel free to blast away on them again in Game 2-this is a conditional move-so I may/may not be around to announce it-just know that it is an auto play if it happens. If they don't win game 1 then I will lay off. I am taking my son to the Tampa Tarpons game tonight at the Bombers spring training facility in town. So remember this is a conditional move-I won't be making this move if the Wanderers lose game 1-so don't come to my thread bitching over a unit if I strike the move from the big board should the Wanderers lose game 1.

Leiter didn’t have the MLB debut I hoped for, but I didn’t see a pitcher lost on the bump. The innate skills are legit and the Athletics could buckle quickly.

Rot.#965 Wanderers-125 ML Leiter#16+ TOP OFFENSE vs Bido#32 (DNS DEAD LAST) +POOR OFFENSE (CONDITIONAL MOVE)

119-128-5 +25.1 UNITS

Rot.#971 Sailors-115 Kirby#1 + SOLID OFFENSE vs Paddack#21 +SOLID OFFENSE 2 UNITS LOSS -2.0 UNITS
Rot.#953 Fathers-118 Cease#6 + SOLID OFFENSE vs Wesneski#27 (DNS)+ SOLID OFFENSE 5 UNITS WIN +5.0 UNITS
Rot.#975 Jays/Blunts UNDER 4.5 -110 FF Nola#2+SOLID OFFENSE vs Bassitt#12 + SOLID OFFENSE 1 UNIT WIN +1.0 UNITS
Rot.#982 Braves-1.5 +100 RL Sale#3 +TOP OFFENSE vs Pivetta#28 (DNS)+WEAK OFFENSE 2 UNITS WIN +2.0 UNITS
Rot.#979 Orioles-1.5 -106 RL Bradish#5+TOP OFFENSE vs Parker#26 (DNS)+WEAK OFFENSE 2 UNITS LOSS -2.0 UNITS
Rot.#961 Tigers/Guardians UNDER 4.5 -130 FF Bibee#7 +SOLID OFFENSE vs Olson#10+ POOR OFFENSE 1 UNIT LOSS -1.3 UNITS
Rot.#924 Buccos-125 Perez#9 +WEAK OFFENSE vs Soriano#15+WEAK OFFENSE 1 UNIT LOSS -1.25 UNITS
Rot.#952 Cardinals-1.5 +130 RL Gray#4 + WEAK OFFENSE vs Quintana#23 (DNS)+AVERAGE OFFENSE 1 UNIT POSTPONED
Rot.#953 Luis Arraez OVER 1.5 BASES +100 vs Wesneski#27(DNS) 1 UNIT WIN +1.0 UNITS

Rot.#965 Wanderers-125 ML Leiter#16+ TOP OFFENSE vs Bido#32 (DNS DEAD LAST) +POOR OFFENSE (CONDITIONAL MOVE)

I personally sat out the Wanderers game 2 win vs the Athletics because they didn't win the first game of the double dip! Abd darnnit! The Orioles Kimbrel blew the save opportunity and then their relievers blew more save opportunities in extra innings! They ended up winning but not by the golden 2 runs.

124-132-5 +27.55 UNITS

Ok so some changes were made to the big board. Sonny Gray will get the start today and of course I am going to have him rostered highly (pushed him to #4) and make a move on him with the RL and get rid of the Cardinals/Brews FF OVER idea. The Cardinals bats are horrid so I handled my money in such a way as if I wanted to lose it and took them on the RL to avoid having to give up some crumbs should they lose-which is a high possibility. May as well get paid if they decide to hit the ball today. Fantasy wise I suggest you push Sonny up too. Even if they lose in this platform you can win in your league with him on the bump. He's made me a happy man with his K's and ERA. Again-tread lightly with the Cardinals-they aren't worth a huge investment. 1 unit should suffice

Rot.#905 Cardinals-1.5 +142 RL Gray#4 +WEAK OFFENSE vs Myers#12 +AVERAGE OFFENSE 1 UNIT

In other news I also tied up some Astronauts+117 with Blanco. No one in their right mind would take that bet except for the bookies.

Based upon what I am seeing those with little to no knowledge of pitchers strengths and weaknesses are blasting away on the Bombers because it's Wednesday. Stroman's arsenal is tailor made for the Astronauts and the team total is disrespectful at 4 +100 for the over. You know what to do

Rot.#909 Astronauts Team Total OVER 4 +100 2 UNITS

Wow! A whopping 90% of the money is on the Bombers! Yikes! Stroman hasn't had a major secondary pitch work for him over his last two starts and I expect for it to return-just not today. The .196 average against him by the Astronauts is only for 51 at bats-not a good sample size when you factor in that Altuve and Bregman make up 29 of those 51 at bats

I grabbed some FANTASTIC buy low options on the waiver wire for Yordan Alvarez (Astronauts) and Matt Olson (Braves). Now I just have to figure out if I am gonna get rid of a few arms or just let it ride and pick and choose when I utilize them. Martin Perez (Buccos) looks like a candidate for a deactivation