Login Search

Ck's 2024 mlb thread

Last Post

Damn these prices

Wheeler-180
Burnes-160
Sale-175
Heaney-160

There's no way that I am gonna play the ML with those prices for my arms today. I am all about value and cost efficiency. I am on the RL with those guys and I will live with the lumps.

Webb cost me much more in my league than he did in this format yesterday, and the vice versa I got oodles of value with Flaherty who pitched a gem before the Tigers bullpen let it get away. In spite of that i am keeping Webb and hanging on dearly. Also I am still gonna use a bat when Freddy Peralta's turn comes again-there's no telling if he will have a suspension after plunking and ultimately causing the brawl between the Rays and Brews last night. He looked every part of the #1 status that I had for him. I decided to go with Eflin and the ML as it is bite sized enough for me to chew. I have him at #7 and Colin Rea at #18-therefore there will be 3 units at risk

Anyway the big board has been set with the exception of the Dodgers/Snakes UNDER FF which his understandably delayed after the late night bee colony debacle. I can't wait to see Yamamoto and Gallen go against one another this evening

Oh damn-I got a ping by my league-I have to find a bat today to replace Seth Lugo! I may elect to go with Acuna since he is facing a middling pitcher who may be a cherry bomb candidate since the Sailors have already secured a series win vs the Braves...or Bohm (Blunts)I will announce the bat later on

101-102-4 +29.3 UNITS

Rough week so far in this format taking some bullpen losses and errors and so forth. The only thing keeping me from getting demolished is money management. Yesterday for instance I went 3-7 -0.3 UNITS because I refuse to pay high juice to chase a win. I would rather take the RL and the plus money than to go down in flames with just one unit than to be losing some of those -180 moves.

Enough about that. today I have Harrison#6 and the Giants facing the Red Sox with Winckowski(#11) who is a cherry bomb if there ever was one. Also how is a pitcher underrated? By having a 0-3 record and a 10.97 ERA based on a few bad innings. Such is the case with Arrighetti as I actually have him ranked #3 today over Logan Allen#9. And get this-the Guardians have the best record in MLB and are facing the Astronauts with a 10-20 record as an underdog. What more do you want? the Astronauts hit .438 off of this guy and he has a 7.71 ERA in his last start..

I do have Eovaldi (Wanderers) rostered up for today as my #1 for those interested, however I am not rolling him out in this format due to the juice

ROT.#959 Giants+100 Harrison 5 UNITS
Rot.#958 Astronauts-1.5 +150 RL Arrighetti 3 UNITS
Rot.#958 Astronauts Team Total OVER 4.5 -110 3 UNITS
Rot.#959 Giants+100/OVER 9.5 +100 2 WAY PARLAY 1 UNIT TO WIN 4.1 UNITS

Last edited by atthehalf; 05-02-24 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maizey View Post
I must be missing something in how you calculate your units. I have you losing 4.87 units yesterday, not the .3 units you’ve come up with. I also have you losing 10.19 units the day before, which is way more than your calculations. What am I missing?
You're not counting the wins against the losses obviously