Login Search

Jersey State Wrestling - this weekend

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
175: Defending champ Cerchio. But he's taken some losses this year, including a Pin fall against Burton.

Top-seed Burton would APPEAR to be on a collision course with Cerchio. But you never know in NJ.
Burton/Cerchio roll into the Semi's.

A couple 1-seeds have been knocked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs83 View Post
I’m following along
Nice, Chiefs. Appreciate the reply.

HS Wrestling is a great sport. I'd like to attend more of the State tournaments. Jersey would be #1 on my To Do list, just b/c the kids are so tough.

Honestly, I think the list of wrestlers was a little better LAST YEAR. This Knox guy is an animal. And I sort of expect them to CLOSE with 175 if the final is indeed Burton vs Cerchio.

New Jersey wresting is HUGE!

I know, I wrestled out of Cranford NJ High School.
158 lbs. as a Junior, 170 lbs. as a Senior.
(NCAA D2 as well)

The competition is insane in NJ.
The heavyweights were mostly Bergen County 17-year-olds, some of them played offensive line at Bergen Catholic HS or Paramus Catholic, or Bergenfield.

We call Penn State Linebacker U. in these parts, and a lot of those Big Ten linebackers come straight out of Bergen County High Schools.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
New Jersey wresting is HUGE!

I know, I wrestled out of Cranford NJ High School.
158 lbs. as a Junior, 170 lbs. as a Senior.
(NCAA D2 as well)

The competition is insane in NJ.
The heavyweights were mostly Bergen County 17-year-olds, some of them played offensive line at Bergen Catholic HS or Paramus Catholic, or Bergenfield.

We call Penn State Linebacker U. in these parts, and a lot of those Big Ten linebackers come straight out of Bergen County High Schools.
Hey, Nashy. Yes, I know you're a tough guy if you come out of Jersey wrestling.

Bergen Cath has produced a lot of D1 wrestlers. I think Bergen had three All-Americans last year (including former champ Griffin).

I've been saying to myself that I need to make it to this tournament one of these years. Logistically, hasn't happened yet.

157: #1 Henrich vs #2 Jones. Henrich is defending champ, but he wrestles low-scoring matches.

165: #1 Perentin vs #2 Chapman. Perentin is defending champ, going to be tough to beat.

175: The huge matchup materialies. Burton/Cerchio, immovable object vs un-stoppable force.