Login Search

How can you not take Chiefs next week in the playoffs?

Last Post

Also one has to consider the revenge angle as well if you are going to wager on the Chiefs/Dolphins game. KC beat them in Germany earlier in the year 21 - 14. but like Franz and others have already mentioned, the biggest and main concern/issue with this game is the health and injury concern of the Dolphins. lot's of players banged up while the Chiefs are healthy (relatively speaking). only a few players nicked up but all of the key cogs and core players are ready to go.

I like revenge angles but mainly when a team gets upset then gets another shot. Or even if the team who lost is clearly really good. I’m sure Miami wanted revenge last night, for instance. They just haven’t done enough to prove their worth yet. Definitely on a good trajectory but not there yet and I don’t see their proving grounds being Arrowhead on a January night on the world renowned Peacock internet television service.

Also…one thing I usually don’t care much about is weather, but this game is gonna be colder than the frozen sperm coming out of Santa Claus’s nude erect penis with a candy cane hanging off of it after he spent all night delivering presents in the subzero atmosphere. Or at least that’s how cold it will feel to the poor Miami Dolphins.

Suffice it to say I like KC in this matchup. I’ll watch the line and see how all that shakes out before playing it but that’s where I am at the moment
Give Points

Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave texhooper 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
Looks too easy. But remember Chiefs have the worst WR group in NFL history
There is a reason the line is so small for Chiefs and it is not because it is a steal. Books obviously know something else Chiefs would have been a much bigger favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
That's a terrible plan. You're either betting on anti-steam, which is bad. Or you're betting with the steam at a bad number, which is also bad. Why don't you think the closing line is efficient?
I understand your theory here, but its worked for me for years this way.

1. It gives me more time to get the best idea of where the public is really going based on my gut (not web sites information)
2. I pay close attention to the very late line movements that I have been studying for years.

And, at the end of the day, how many games come down burn you and fall close to the spread anyway? Sure, I could get a bad number now and again by waiting and it could affect me. Case in point: I would've bet the Colts early in the week accordingly this last game. However, by waiting, I got a good feel about the game. I didn't like the line movement I saw leading up to game-time so I just didn't bet the game.

I'm not saying by waiting it can't affect me negatively sometimes too, but for me its what works. Perhaps, betting right away is what works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
There is a reason the line is so small for Chiefs and it is not because it is a steal. Books obviously know something else Chiefs would have been a much bigger favorite.
Tua is terrible. Always chokes when the game is on the line

I agree..but the line is only a FG. It should have been a TD but it is not. Why were books affraid to open Chiefs -7?
Because this is the NFL and these guys are professionals and Miami (even with all of their injuries) is still a talented playoff team with a very explosive offense. and up until that shellacking in Baltimore two weeks ago they were considered one of the top teams in the AFC that could make a Super Bowl run. Furthermore, let's not act like the Chiefs have been world beaters either and blowing teams out. they have had their fair share of problems as well this year and have also struggled too. Even Mahomes is having a down year with TE Travis Kelce as his only reliable weapon and no elite caliber wide receivers on the roster. Simply put, Dolphins are a very live dog that can not only cover but win this game outright as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
Because this is the NFL and these guys are professionals and Miami (even with all of their injuries) is still a talented playoff team with a very explosive offense. and up until that shellacking in Baltimore two weeks ago they were considered one of the top teams in the AFC that could make a Super Bowl run. Furthermore, let's not act like the Chiefs have been world beaters either and blowing teams out. they have had their fair share of problems as well this year and have also struggled too. Even Mahomes is having a down year with TE Travis Kelce as his only reliable weapon and no elite caliber wide receivers on the roster. Simply put, Dolphins are a very live dog that can not only cover but win this game outright as well.
Glad to see someone is thinking!
Give Points

Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave klemopixx 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
Stop it, we only care about the number because that determines everything, the players have no bearing on games.

How does one insert blue font? Asking for a friend

I agree..but the line is only a FG. It should have been a TD but it is not. Why were books affraid to open Chiefs -7?
This line was never going to be -7. C'mon man... You also have to factor in players that could return this week like Waddle, Xavier Howard, and Jevon Holland. The game they played in Germany was competitive, a couple of flukes put MIA in an early hole.

Not a TD but -4.5 was fair.

I fully expect KC to win and not cover. Fg win. Typical KC bs then they will go to buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
Not a TD but -4.5 was fair.

I fully expect KC to win and not cover. Fg win. Typical KC bs then they will go to buffalo.
I think it should get to 4, especially once the chatter about the weather pushes people towards the KC side. Highs on Saturday are supposed to be 14 and since they're playing at night they'll be facing colder temps than that.