Login Search

Lakers - Warriors Series

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
You must be new to this betting game. I said they were superb at home. Most teams are not superb at home. Ok, no more talking to you, you're obviously beneath me
You're obviously easily triggered. I didn't say you weren't allowed to bet the Warriors or that it was a dumb bet. But the idea that they're "superb at home" makes it an open and shut case is silly. You say I'm new to the betting game but you're hanging your hat on the most mundane of rationale.

How about another fun fact since you're only concerned with home games?

The Warriors are 2-2 straight up and 1-3 ATS in the postseason. So much for being "superb" huh?

Who cares what they did against the Rockets or the Clippers etc. when the stakes were low? It's a new season.

You sound like Johnny Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
You're obviously easily triggered. I didn't say you weren't allowed to bet the Warriors or that it was a dumb bet. But the idea that they're "superb at home" makes it an open and shut case is silly. You say I'm new to the betting game but you're hanging your hat on the most mundane of rationale.

How about another fun fact since you're only concerned with home games?

The Warriors are 2-2 straight up and 1-3 ATS in the postseason. So much for being "superb" huh?

Who cares what they did against the Rockets or the Clippers etc. when the stakes were low? It's a new season.

You sound like Johnny Vegas.
Johnny Vegas? Huh? Because I'm British? My stat might be mundane but that doesn't make it unimportant. Stats of a 4-game sample however are unimportant.

Johnny Vegas? Huh? Because I'm British? My stat might be mundane but that doesn't make it unimportant. Stats of a 4-game sample however are unimportant.
Your precious stat is baked into the number. What more do you want me to say? You act like you have the Holy Grail of information. I'd say the postseason is more relevant to the here and now than what the Warriors did to the Rockets back in December.

You're also overlooking a lot of other variables that are present in the regular season that are not present in the postseason, such as travel (Lakers already played and stayed in Frisco) scheduling (back to backs and whatnot) and motivation (teams don't generally take nights off when chasing a ring).

But knock yourself out with your "superb at home" angle.

Your precious stat is baked into the number. What more do you want me to say? You act like you have the Holy Grail of information. I'd say the postseason is more relevant to the here and now than what the Warriors did to the Rockets back in December.

You're also overlooking a lot of other variables that are present in the regular season that are not present in the postseason, such as travel (Lakers already played and stayed in Frisco) scheduling (back to backs and whatnot) and motivation (teams don't generally take nights off when chasing a ring).

But knock yourself out with your "superb at home" angle.
You're mocking my "great at home" angle while promoting your "Lakers are not going to forefeit" angle. Get a grip man.

That's not my angle. That was one remark. The line is inflated. The Lakers are not the Kings.
Well then lets not make things too complicated. You like the Lakers. I don't. James is old, and they rely heavily upon the trio of guards that they have to run plays for Davis. Maybe it will work again in game 2. Maybe not. I don't think so.

It's not baked into the number anyway. If it were the Warriors would be 10pt favs
Sure, and if you were an oddsmaker you'd be fired the same day you were hired.

If you were a bookie you'd be buried in debt.

Fortunately for you you're just betting bus passes at the bus stop. You figure you can always walk.