Login Search

Brentford striker Ivan Toney banned 8 months by FA for gambling

Last Post

This is sort of interesting:

1) The bet-sizes on these things normally wind up being very small. The NCAA athlete bets were often Min-bets, like $100 total at risk.
2) Of course, the view is that the athlete gets too close. The games have to be played honestly.
3) I've heard stories of mob-guys who had NFL athletes as clients. They loved having those guys betting into them. Of course, they suck at gambling and run up a red figure, large enuf that they can't pay. So, athlete now owes them a favor. Think about when that Running Back fumble looked very curious.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
This is sort of interesting:

1) The bet-sizes on these things normally wind up being very small. The NCAA athlete bets were often Min-bets, like $100 total at risk.
2) Of course, the view is that the athlete gets too close. The games have to be played honestly.
3) I've heard stories of mob-guys who had NFL athletes as clients. They loved having those guys betting into them. Of course, they suck at gambling and run up a red figure, large enuf that they can't pay. So, athlete now owes them a favor. Think about when that Running Back fumble looked very curious.
Chucky I sent you a message but your inbox is full.