Login Search

Joe Burrow says there were discussions of NOT playing week 18

Last Post

My uncle drives for Pro-Disposal. A few years ago, they pulled one of his regular guys off of his route and put him on another route with another driver. Later that day, the guy(who was only 19) and the other driver were picking up a dumpster. A cable snapped and the kid got crushed between the dumpster and the truck. He died from the horrific accident.

https://wjactv.com/news/local/man-ki...johnstown-area

Everyone knew the kid and liked to work with him and they said that he would do anything to help. My uncle was pretty shook up over what had happened considering that the kid was supposed to be working with him that day doing their recycling route.

Everyone continued to pick garbage that day and the rest of the week, and no one missed work.

I'm pretty sure the medical crew down on the field yelled... "HE'S NOT BREATHING!" I noticed one medical personnel run like a bat out of hell... to get other equipment. Naturally... this made things much more intensified and emotional on the field... and the players freaked out.

I understand... it's unusual... but I thought medical personnel was supposed to remain calm at all times? Word traveled fast.... MNF... world wide feed... and now you have this.

I get it... you don't make $45,000 a game... some make $1,000,000 a game. It's the risk you take... to make the money you do. And now they are complaining???
Last edited by TheMoneyShot; 01-04-23 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
I'm pretty sure the medical crew down on the field yelled... "HE'S NOT BREATHING!" I noticed one medical personnel run like a bat out of hell... to get other equipment. Naturally... this made things much more intensified and emotional on the field... and the players freaked out.

I understand... it's unusual... but I thought medical personnel was supposed to remain calm at all times? Word traveled fast.... MNF... world wide feed... and now you have this.

I get it... you don't make $45,000 a game... some make $1,000,000 a game. It's the risk you take... to make the money you do. And now they are complaining???
If a guy isn't breathing then yelling and running for equipment seems perfectly appropriate, does it not? Now if he started crying and praying, then that's inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
Why? Because we compare how the real world works from what it is like to live in the fantasy world of playing sports?
Why compare? It’s been like this since you were born. This is life, you aren’t going to change it. Rich people have advantages, poor people have disadvantages, famous people have advantages, non famous don’t. It’s the way it is and you will never ever change it so why let it upset you?
If the Bengals decided they didn’t want to play and you truly want to show your frustration then don’t watch the sport. But you better have another 10 million people who will follow you or you just wasted your time. But let’s be honest football is an addiction and gamblers can’t stay away

Let these NFL Pansies & Wimps quit & get a real job working 40-60 hours a week for $50-70K a yr bringing home 25-40% less after deductions for taxes, ins, pension & more get 2 wks off aftr 5 yrs & 6-10 sick days & down to 6-8 holidays. FNFL

Just because this was witnessed live some people are Freaking out GAFL this happens daily everywhere. So Penetrate them.

I hope for nothing but the best for this young Man & by the Grace of God a Full Recovery.

For the rest of them F-K em
Give Points

Points Awarded:

stake1 gave hawkwind 7 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
It's the current world. EVERYONE gets triggered for different things. It's football. No one cares about it for 6 months a years.
Here’s the thing though, it my opinion don’t bitch just to bitch. If you truly have an annoyance with something you have two options. Option 1 you bury it and shut your mouth or option 2 you start some sort of movement. In this case there’s no movement because you have to know the audience, no one is going to come out and say well we don’t care about that bills player as long as we get football. So the solution is to move on and shut up about it or never watch football again.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
Let these NFL Pansies & Wimps quit & get a real job working 40-60 hours a week for $50-70K a yr bringing home 25-40% less after deductions for taxes, ins, pension & more get 2 wks off aftr 5 yrs & 6-10 sick days & down to 6-8 holidays. FNFL

Just because this was witnessed live some people are Freaking out GAFL this happens daily everywhere. So Penetrate them.

I hope for nothing but the best for this young Man & by the Grace of God a Full Recovery.

For the rest of them F-K em
They don’t need to. They developed a talent for many years while you were screwing off and they are reaping the benefits because of it. You are a cog in the wheel who has no voice and they have a voice and you are so triggered about it