Login Search

Bitcoin Price Tracking & Discussion -- 2024

Last Post

Currently $61,551. Still early, but maybe turned around.

Fear/Greed Index @ 49 which is just about dead neutral.

Did you buy the dip? I knocked about $5 off my DOT average.... my DOT holding started at about $21. Staking for a couple of years dropped that to about $16. Buying at $7 brought the average to about $11.25. Should be easy to hit that in the coming months and then sell off...

Edit: I say this to show how one can buy/stake/DCA your way out of a bad position. Does not work for pump 'n dumps....
Last edited by Arky; 05-03-24 at 09:01 AM.

If you are staking Jupiter, there's 3 new proposals to vote on. https://vote.jup.ag/ These voting periods seem to be only 3 or 4 days.

------------------------------------------

Youtuber "The Modern Investor" posted this video about the NYSE considering going 24/7. Runs about 33 minutes. Funny, sarcastic rant at the way the SEC deals with crypto at the 22:00 minute mark. "Who regulates the regulator?"

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
Do you think those sort of problems are imminent Chucky?
I think some of those issues are real:

1) Custodial holding of coins can be a problem.
...It's been a problem for many custodians in recent years. People tend to forget about it.
...Any reason Coinbase would be immune to such problems?

2) Coinbase has to go thru USA regulation.
...Any reason the USA doesn't seize those coins and refund in USD (or US-based CBDC)?
...Coinbase CEO Armstrong has played ball with the USA at every step. But he's really at the whim of the USA govt.

3) A theme that is mentioned in these videos is the prospect of coins drying up on exchanges.
...I think that's very real. There aren't that many as is.
...After the halving, the production of new coins is small. Surely the Daily demand exceeds the daily production of new coins.
...Only conclusion I can reach is that the BTC price goes up. Of course not immediately, but a gradual trend up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post

I think some of those issues are real:

1) Custodial holding of coins can be a problem.
...It's been a problem for many custodians in recent years. People tend to forget about it.
...Any reason Coinbase would be immune to such problems?

2) Coinbase has to go thru USA regulation.
...Any reason the USA doesn't seize those coins and refund in USD (or US-based CBDC)?
...Coinbase CEO Armstrong has played ball with the USA at every step. But he's really at the whim of the USA govt.

3) A theme that is mentioned in these videos is the prospect of coins drying up on exchanges.
...I think that's very real. There aren't that many as is.
...After the halving, the production of new coins is small. Surely the Daily demand exceeds the daily production of new coins.
...Only conclusion I can reach is that the BTC price goes up. Of course not immediately, but a gradual trend up.

Govts wanting to claw back control is an obvious risk. Especially if it does reach such dominance that the value goes into the million+ zone.

But, I think you only have to look at some of his suggested scenarios, like govt seizes bitcoin and tries to say 40% of current value is all they value them at, to see he is just another lame panic merchant for views. He even says himself that he keeps repeating the same thing over and again in his videos. No doubt because those videos keep giving him more clicks.

Anyway, the question was is his doomsday prediction imminent. I think the only answer to that could be a no.

Sometimes the FUD is just a distraction. Fear of this or that happening might make someone make a poor financial decision. Sometimes, that's the plan, that's what it was intended to do.

Until it happens, don't worry about it. Have a plan ready in case but some things you can't control.

Example is I hear Wasabi wallet is folding up. Somebody twisted their arm. These were Bitcoin mixing wallets that used Coinjoin. I never used one but I do use Coinjoin on my Trezor hardware wallet. Is Trezor going to do away with Coinjoin? I dunno, but I will be ready to move my Coinjoin BTC to the Trezor's Segwit (regular) BTC wallet if necessary....
Last edited by Arky; 05-08-24 at 05:13 PM.

https://odysee.com/@Anarchast:2/Roge...withAaronDay:d

Awfully interesting interview with Aaron Day on "The Anarchast" channel on Odysee.

He speaks at length on living with crypto and metals and using them in day to day transactions. They do a deep dive on the Roger Ver situation and then discuss how the PTSB (powers that shouldn't be) are cracking down on crypto to make way for CBDCs. Also discussed is how a crisis will be used to get everyone to comply.

I found it really interesting and if you have an extra 1 hour and 9 minutes, it is worth the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
Sometimes the FUD is just a distraction. Fear of this or that happening might make someone make a poor financial decision. Sometimes, that's the plan, that's what it was intended to do.

Until it happens, don't worry about it. Have a plan ready in case but some things you can't control.

Example is I hear Wasabi wallet is folding up. Somebody twisted their arm. These were Bitcoin mixing wallets that used Coinjoin. I never used one but I do use Coinjoin on my Trezor hardware wallet. Is Trezor going to do away with Coinjoin? I dunno, but I will be ready to move my Coinjoin BTC to the Trezor's Segwit (regular) BTC wallet if necessary....
Arky, you're a great poster. Tell me more about the Coinjoin that Trezor does. Is that standard for Trezor?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
Arky, you're a great poster. Tell me more about the Coinjoin that Trezor does. Is that standard for Trezor?
Yes, Trezor introduced it a while back (1 year?). The Trezor Model T got it first, then a few months later, the Trezor Model One got it. Coinjoin is actually built into the Trezor Suite software - not on the device.

In the software, you Add a new account in the BTC wallet and select "Coinjoin". Send some BTC to that wallet. It's not "private" yet - you have to run it through the process. IIRC, seems like there's a button to click to make it private. Takes a bit of time - a few hours maybe - and then those coins are now "private". It's not cheap - I think it's like a 3% fee. Sometimes you have to run it through the process again but it's not 3% anymore - just a little bit for the miners.

Every time you open the software, the Coinjoin wallet has to sync up again. Takes a few minutes.

After each Trezor Suite update, you'll have to Add the Coinjoin account again. It will restore the Coinjoin wallet with your balance. Perhaps I'm using the wrong settings but that's what happened to me.

It is supposed to give you privacy, for example, when you send peer to peer. Obviously, if you send to your account on an exchange or pay off a vendor, those transactions will be associated with your account. So, kind of defeats the purpose of going private.

I've heard that it is not 100% effective due to Trezor having the ability to release data when asked by governments. That might happen for very large sums of suspicious transfers. IMO, it is still probably OK to use for small sums...

One good use would be for Sends to a defi exchange...